Look at this

They knew it was you, so they stopped tracking you. After all, it was going to be a perfect flight anyway. :)

What's weird about it besides the lack of a landing? And you call that a circle?:D

Ben, that is a pretty wild track. I've gotten some weird tracks around hot MOAs and stuff, but never a "circle".

Around rushhour at KRDU, I've gotten 3 90 degree vectors "for spacing". I had a little laugh in my voice on the 3rd vector. Timing... lots of big iron inbound and me NW of the field. Coming from the east, I would have gotten RWY-32 and been home earlier but that Hobbs time is PIC time. :yes:

jdwatson said:
They knew it was you, so they stopped tracking you. After all, it was going to be a perfect flight anyway. :)
Oh yes--that's right. I should have known--NOT!

lancefisher said:
What's weird about it besides the lack of a landing? And you call that a circle?:D
LOL--you can blame the circle on ATC. It was almost like a really slow turn around a point!

Lance F said:
Ben, that is a pretty wild track. I've gotten some weird tracks around hot MOAs and stuff, but never a "circle".
LOL--blame it on ATC. The two pilots he was talking to weren't showing up on his radar, and I guess he wanted me out of their way until he could determine where they were!

jdwatson said:
Around rushhour at KRDU, I've gotten 3 90 degree vectors "for spacing". I had a little laugh in my voice on the 3rd vector. Timing... lots of big iron inbound and me NW of the field. Coming from the east, I would have gotten RWY-32 and been home earlier but that Hobbs time is PIC time. :yes:
It does happen at BWI, too.

Here's my flight home from LAL on Monday.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N129GC

Interestingly, I flew at 8000', the text lists 7000'. And the map drops me at the Eaton VOR where I dropped IFR, but maintained VFR FF with the same squawk and contact with ATC.

It won't let me display the map view for the prior flight down for some reason, but the flight duration times are switched with the prior flight in both the activity log and text description.

Back