Long Solo XC Done!

oregonboy109

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
oregonboy109
Long solo xc today from OSU-MFD-I74-OSU. First good weather day in a while here and got back about 30 minutes before another storm moved in(!) Now back to studying for the written...

Congrats,hope you enjoyed your flight. Cross country is always fun flying.

Nice! I spent an hour just north of you today practicing commercial maneuvers. What time did you go? I was scheduled from 10 to 12 and actually landed a bit early due to the ceilings being a bit too low for some things.

Love MFD. Did you stop there at all?

Nice! I spent an hour just north of you today practicing commercial maneuvers. What time did you go? I was scheduled from 10 to 12 and actually landed a bit early due to the ceilings being a bit too low for some things.

Love MFD. Did you stop there at all?

I left around 2 and got back around 4:30. Was waiting all morning for ceilings to lift around MFD as, like you said, they were pretty low until about 1. I only have done t&gs at MFD so far in my training but I'd definitely like to stop and maybe get a closer look at those C130s. Really cool!

I would advise that you do as much flying as possible in tandem with preparing for the written. At your stage of flying, you will lose your stick and rudder skills FAST if you are not practicing. Bear down and get that written done ASAP and sharpen up your skills for the checkride.

I am not saying I told you so, but for the sake of others that might be reading this, get the written done before your long XC so that you can bear down on your flying precision and study for the oral exam at the same time.

Thanks for the reply. I have around 5 "maneuvers review" flights scheduled between now and scheduling the check ride (first one being this afternoon) the however many more I need between scheduling the check ride and actually taking it to stay sharp. I'm not just holing up at home studying for the written and not flying, I'd probably go insane if I didn't have something to break up the book work.

Back