Long Exposures of Airliners Taking Off

Justin M

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JM
Saw this on a website, it is a series of pictures of the lights left by aircraft taking off.

Since I'm a newbe, I can't post the actual link, but you can piece it together by removing the spaces:

http:// imgur.com/ r/ pics/ HLScj

Enjoy,

J

possible explanation of the steps? noise abate., gear up, V2->Venr, flaps up a notch, what else?

accelerate to 250?

1. V2 + 15 knots to 800 feet.
2. Accelerate to clean maneuvering speed, around 220 knots.
3. At 3000 feet accelerate to 250 knots.
4. At 10,000 feet, accelerate to cruise climb speed, about 300 knots.

At least that is how it goes in my world.

Also in the Bus there are acceleration altitudes to pull flaps up. Again at 10,000 feet it will shallow to accelerate.

Can you guys tell just by looking at that pic if was handflown.
I cannot. If the hand flying is done well it would show pretty much identical if following a flight director.

Pitch down for airspeed.... I'm gonna have to remember that when I start doing the right seat trunk monkey thing again here in the next few years. That below 10K Memo of Agreement sure has me spoiled.
13653232854_5a8c9c4377_b.jpg

Pitch down for airspeed.... *chuckles*. Nobody got to the moon by pitching down... Must be an Airbus thing. Commies.

#Murica ;):D

Pitch down for airspeed.... I'm gonna have to remember that when I start doing the right seat trunk monkey thing again here in the next few years. That below 10K Memo of Agreement sure has me spoiled.

Pitch down for airspeed.... *chuckles*. Nobody got to the moon by pitching down... Must be an Airbus thing. Commies.

With a fixed power setting how else would you gain airspeed?

Unless you have a secret way to defy the laws of physics??

With a fixed power setting how else would you gain airspeed?

Unless you have a secret way to defy the laws of physics??

I don't believe the T-38 has greater than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio but if it did you could continue to accelerate while vertical.

Not forever. It will have a top speed.
Regardless, the reference was not made to a T-38. It was made to an Airbus.

Actually apollo did pitch down to accelerate but that point is probably lost on you.

Back