London Broil

Whole Foods had London Broil on special the other week and I got a slab. It was very good, especially when cooked medium well.

Seems that the definition of "London Broil" changes depending on what part of the USA you're in. That one looks like bottom round?

Seems that the definition of "London Broil" changes depending on what part of the USA you're in. That one looks like bottom round?

Got me, it's not like I could ask it.

What kind of sauce is that on your meat? Chimichurri?

No, a marinade using lemon juice, wooster shire sauce, olive oil, Italian spice blend and salt. I was going to pan cook it on @RyanB advice with liquid but decided to broil it instead per the recipe I was following. Came out pretty good actually. I've always had bad luck with it previously - came out too tough.

Edit: oh the stuff on top is pesto.

Mine must have horsey sauce. Done on the grill. Thinly sliced on a bias. Yummy.

Horsey sauce sounds good. But every time I tried to grill it, it was way tough.
I am doing it medium rare, maybe that makes a difference. Plus, I slice thin on a bias. Marinate for 24 hrs. Never been tough.

Last edited:
Got me, it's not like I could ask it.

No, a marinade using lemon juice, wooster shire sauce, olive oil, Italian spice blend and salt. I was going to pan cook it on @RyanB advice with liquid but decided to broil it instead per the recipe I was following. Came out pretty good actually. I've always had bad luck with it previously - came out too tough.

Edit: oh the stuff on top is pesto.

I like this marinade: https://www.theseasonedmom.com/london-broil-marinade/

And yes, it includes Worcestershire sauce, preferably Lea and Perrins.

If you have any left over, it makes a damn fine roast beef and cheese sandwich.

Back