Logging approaches in logbook

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
2CD20345-2867-4812-AEB3-FAC2155DE9E2.jpeg Do I have to put anything specific in logbook to document conditions for approaches for currency logging??

So today I went up with the intent of shooting a few approaches for currency purposes. I’m about a month out after passing IFR checkride. I have flown once (since earning IFR rating) through some thin layers and broken stuff that but today was soup! Ceilings were 1500
OVC up to ~6000. I went up with intent of flying three approaches. ended up doing two and called it a day. Was grand total 1.2 hour of solid IMC. Was glad in training to spend a fair amount of time doing work in IMC with my CFI. I cant imagine doing what I did today with only hood experience. The turbulence was a bit more then I liked which is why I called it after two approaches.
I knew my cruise altitudes were going to keep me IMC for most of the time and I was prepared for that. But it still caught me off guard a bit. Exciting yes. Terrifying sure a bit, can’t lie. But was in control and prepared to task manage and stay ahead and fly the airplane- and don’t be bashful about the autopilot!

Well done! Get used to it and get the practice in. Good stuff!

Back