Logbook question

The name of the place.

"Bobs plateau"

"Lake Washington"

Or failing all of that just put the lat/lon

I usually write in "uninsured location." :goofy:

(And I've logged quite a few!) :)

I'll typically put some sort of an abbreviation into the airport block, and then mention the location in remarks. For example "INT" for the airport, and "Beach landing at International Seafood" in the remarks.

I'll use the airport identifier, which even private strips have even if it's not charted or in the A/FD. For strips that don't even have an identifier, I'll put a description of the destination.

I was just thinking this myself, for logging the flight to High Sierra Fly In this past weekend. I ended up just putting the radial and distance to the nearest VOR, then a description in the notes.

I'll use the airport identifier, which even private strips have even if it's not charted or in the A/FD. For strips that don't even have an identifier, I'll put a description of the destination.

I've used identifiers only in the past, then the airport closes and becomes a neighborhood of houses. If I've never been there before I also spell out the name in remarks.

So, in an emergency landing, you'd put something down like, "Interstate 65"

I've certainly crammed little location notes in the DESTINATION field of my log book when I didn't have the airport identifier handy. Who the hell cares. The FARs certainly don't. It just says "location." Frankly, "The Pick-n-Pig" is as good of a location identifier than whatever Gilliam-Mcconnell is. My GPS has it in the database as #BBQ.

Don't forget the mile marker too :yes:
This is to prove the 50nm requirements for it to be an official cross country right? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back