Logbook Legitimacy?

they might or might not do that. I don't judge countries that way. I have met idiots in every country so far. And I was able to meet good people in every country as well.

You can't choose where you are born. But it's your decision what you make with your life.
If you’re not first you are last. Your choice.

We do a pretty good job of screwing things up with bureaucracy in the US, too. One of the biggest being the layered approach of federal and state regulations. The thing we need to be regulating are the agencies themselves, and we're terrible at it.

We do a pretty good job of screwing things up with bureaucracy in the US, too. One of the biggest being the layered approach of federal and state regulations. The thing we need to be regulating are the agencies themselves, and we're terrible at it.

Same story everywhere, I believe. I'm quite lucky where I live... but Germany is really awful. With the new customs regulations things seem to brighten up a bit.

Well of course. No one wants to live with a bunch of quitters.
It's less the quitters or anything else. Don't get me wrong: I speak french, I like the french landscape. But in France... there simply are too many french people around (and Pastis is awful)

You and I obviously have been exposed to a different set of aviators.
It's as it is with all people. There are stupid people and there are good people.

If you feel you absolutely have to deal with stupids (and you're annoyed by it) it's not the stupid's fault.

It's as it is with all people. There are stupid people and there are good people.

If you feel you absolutely have to deal with stupids (and you're annoyed by it) it's not the stupid's fault.
When one is an employee in an aviation business such as an airline, one cannot always pick who you work with or deal with. Most are intelligent people but anyone who believes that everyone in aviation is highly intellectual is mistaken.

When one is an employee in an aviation business such as an airline, one cannot always pick who you work with or deal with. Most are intelligent people but anyone who believes that everyone in aviation is highly intellectual is mistaken.

True. When Passengers approach me how difficult it must be to obtain a pilots license (and how well you need to be in maths, physics, etc.) I always tell them the story of Ham, the first astronaut (I'm sure you know he was a chimpanzee... not a homo sapiens).

So... if an ape can go to space it can't be too difficult from an intelecual point of view :)

... having said that... aviation is sometimes a monkey-business.

You and I obviously have been exposed to a different set of aviators.
I don't let the idiots get to me, aviation or otherwise. For those severely on the left-tailed side of the intelligence spectrum our hobby has a quick learning curve. A similar argument could be made I suppose that we're the idiots, pouring loads of money into a high cost passion - but I'd rather not call the kettle black!

I like to set reasonable, attainable goals for myself

Where there is smoke there is fire. Serial liars are always found out.

Two things spring to mind:

1) someone willing to lie about the big things will certainly lie about the small ones, and frequently.
2) Anyone willing to falsify a logbook is almost certainly cheating nine other ways from Sunday. Once the pins begin to drop it's only a matter of time...

I received a resume once that included a line stating, ''I am a 500 hour pilot but I fly like a 1000 hour pilot''.

Ok, what does that mean since the job description stated that 1200 hours minimum was required.??
Simple - 500 plus 1000 equals 1500.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back