Little windy in NJ today

Pretty wild. My cut off around here is 35kts with my Diamond. Although with this wind I can probably take off within 50' and land with the same amount of length lol

About 20 min ago my wife texted me from her jump seat saying they had light turbulence on the ground at EWR jokingly...she said they were rocking even at the gate. They just departed so things are delayed but still working at least one runway.

Windy here in Va. too. Between the rain and wind flying has been a no go...:(

Same winds here on Long Island. No flying today.

Yeah seriously. Flying is completely out of the question here on Long Island!

I woke up early and it was snowing about an inch hour at around 600am... WHERE IS SPRING?? ☹️

Peak winds around here have been in the 35kts range, with a 50-60* crosswind. I'd need a VERY good reason to go up in that.

Insanely windy in Philly area this morning and storm last night was very intense.

Same here. I had one hell of a tail wind in my 500nm trip heading NW here in the Midwest today. Made my best time yet.

At Central Jersey Regional (47N) we had a L-19 break free and land on a Cherokee. And a C-150 that was trying to taxi from one spot to another get lifted up and thrown into a gully by an aproxx 60 kt gust. The 150 is most likely totaled after prop strike and wing and fuselage damage.

Going back into EWR from a turn last night wife said they turned the airplane into the vomit comet...had to go round the first attempt and had at least 10 passengers lose it the last five min of the flight after going missed...she was so glad it was the end of her trip...must have been rockin...

Going back into EWR from a turn last night wife said they turned the airplane into the vomit comet...had to go round the first attempt and had at least 10 passengers lose it the last five min of the flight after going missed...she was so glad it was the end of her trip...must have been rockin...
I never get sick in planes no matter how bumpy it is. But as soon as you put me in a boat, no matter how big or small, I always throw up.

We had a number of people throw up in the back. It was a bad, bad day, made worse by Qatar not figuring out how to get their A350 off the damned runway. We ended up having to go around as a result, and our poor pax endured at least another 20 minutes of the s**t. Days like that are exhausting for all involved.

Back