LinkedIn?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I keep getting email invitations from folks saying Joe has invited you to join his network with LinkedIn. What the heck is that and do I want to join them in what ever the network is?

I received an invitation to join a couple months ago from someone I worked with years ago. I did, just for the heck of it. Funny, I haven't heard back from the guy even after I sent him a message. Maybe I'm not doing something right. :dunno:

A few days later I got a message from someone I never heard of wanting to be my "friend". I'm pretty sure that LinkedIn sorts people by industry and location since this person is/was a test engineer for Adam Aircraft, the company that just closed its doors. Guess she needs "friends" now...

I can kinda see it as a job networking site, but I'm still not sure how the whole thing works.

I joined a while ago after getting a similar invitation. Every once in a while an ex-colleague will spot me and get back in touch. That's about it.

It sounds more like an opportunity to get more spam in your box.

I haven't gotten any spam from LinkedIn, and have been there for a few years - very shortly after its rollout. It's not even close to the social networking concept that myspace or facebook is. It really is (at least from my seat in the stands) a business networking site.

Last edited:
Ditto Ibold and Kainz.

Hey Adam,

I never understood why I even bothered to join that thing...

As far as I'm concerned it was a total waste of time...

Take care

I've reconnected with a few old colleagues that I didn't want to lose touch with. No spam. I'm not seriously looking for a job right now, so haven't used it much for the networking aspects.

I signed up years ago. Never got a single job from it. On the other hand, I don't think I've gotten any spam, either.

Rich

Back