LightSpeed Headset service: A-numbah-one!

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
As many know, a big part of why folks like me select LightSpeed Aviation headsets is their top level service.

My story today is to report that they continue to go above and beyond.

I sent my Zulu.2 in for service because the left side quit. I could hear the radio and side tone on the right, but the left was dead. I also needed new ear and head pads because the covering was flaking badly and had separated on the inside.

I just received the repaired unit back today and while it is my headset (confirmed by the serial number), it looks like a brand new one. They replaced BOTH earcups/drivers, new microphone, new battery/control box, and new cable. AND the cable is the new braided kevlar one that debuted with the PFX.

Just $15 for the headpad, $30 for the new ear seals, and no charge for the repair service, then the cost of my shipping to Lake Oswego, OR.

And I'm a very happy customer!

As many know, a big part of why folks like me select LightSpeed Aviation headsets is their top level service.

My story today is to report that they continue to go above and beyond.

I sent my Zulu.2 in for service because the left side quit. I could hear the radio and side tone on the right, but the left was dead. I also needed new ear and head pads because the covering was flaking badly and had separated on the inside.

I just received the repaired unit back today and while it is my headset (confirmed by the serial number), it looks like a brand new one. They replaced BOTH earcups/drivers, new microphone, new battery/control box, and new cable. AND the cable is the new braided kevlar one that debuted with the PFX.

Just $15 for the headpad, $30 for the new ear seals, and no charge for the repair service, then the cost of my shipping to Lake Oswego, OR.

And I'm a very happy customer!

Thank God they fired Patrick. You could take the AT out of his name and get his true demeanor.

My tango went DOA right before seven days of flying at 3 months old. He quoted me a two-week turnaround and told me I'd have to cover inbound freight.

I swore I'd never buy another LS and even went up to the regional manager to try to get them to take it back.

Albeit the Bluetooth still sucks unless the phone is within 4" of the receiver, it's a solid headset.

I discussed my displeasure of the experience with their rep at Spruce's customer appreciation day and she kindly informed me that I would no longer have to deal with him as he was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only been flying for 51 years.......so that's all my memory goes back. The older I get, the better my memory gets, except for anything that is the past!

I've also had good luck with them and own two products. The Zulus have a poor design for sound input in the side of the control module. It's a delicate plug that means the input cord comes in at 90 degrees. I broke two, repaired for free, but finally got a 90 degree plug and zip tied it to the cords to keep it in place. Snagged it one day and broke the stupid plug again. After wiggling it to get both ears I finally called to return and reminded them this is a stupid design they repaired twice already. This time they wanted a couple hundred bucks so I told them I'd sell both sets and publish my experience on various forums. They fixed it without charge. Don't know what to expect next time. So, still can't complain I guess....

Back