Lightspeed Delta Zulu / GTN 750xi Issue

2DD

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
2DD
Lightspeed Delta Zulu works about 3 seconds when first plugged in then goes dead. Cannot receive or transmit. The headset worked without any issues before GTN 750 xi was installed in aircraft. Anyone experienced this issue?

Contact Lightspeed. I’ve had that happen with a Zulu 3. It turned out to be a strange headset jack contact issue. They sent me a small washer to add to the plug and it cleared right up.

Thank you for the tip. However, I already have the small washer from Lightspeed. The washer fixed the issue when I had the old GNS 530 installed. I've not been able to get the Lightspeed headset to work with the GTN 750 since it has been installed. David Clark headset works with the new GTN 750 without issue.

Thank you for the tip. However, I already have the small washer from Lightspeed. The washer fixed the issue when I had the old GNS 530 installed. I've not been able to get the Lightspeed headset to work with the GTN 750 since it has been installed. David Clark headset works with the new GTN 750 without issue.
Do a test. Does your LighSpeed work on anyone else's radio?

Thanks for the idea. I'm going to plug into my handheld radio with the Lightspeed headset and see if is working through the handheld.

Reactions: WDD
That is expected and standard operation. Your headset is set to mono, you have a stereo audio panel. Stereo audio panel detects a short, turns off the audio to the headset. Open up your headset control/battery and set the switch to stereo.

Hi John. That's it! Switched the headset from Mono to Stereo. It works perfectly now. Thanks for all your help!

Back