Lighting Upgrade

Kainalu

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Kainalu
I am looking to upgrade the exterior lighting on my C-185 from the stock halogen lights to LED. (Mainly the nav lights and rotating beacons...Yes I have two)

Does this need to be done by a certified aircraft mechanic?

Or, can I just order the exact replacements in LED form and do a straight swap with the old lights and call it good?

Any info would be appreciated.

I am looking to upgrade the exterior lighting on my C-185 from the stock halogen lights to LED. (Mainly the nav lights and rotating beacons...Yes I have two)

Or, can I just order the exact replacements in LED form and do a straight swap with the old lights and call it good?

Altering the airplane by removing and installing different nav assemblies and beacon, you need a mechanic, talk to them before you buy parts.

You can do that under supervision of any A&P, I'm at BVS and would like to help.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

Tom, I'm up at KBLI, and currently restoring a 1961 C-185 and would really like the help when the time comes to go ahead and replace these lighting fixtures.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

Tom, I'm up at KBLI, and currently restoring a 1961 C-185 and would really like the help when the time comes to go ahead and replace these lighting fixtures.

Send me a PM, I'll give you my contact info.

Back