Lift Academy?

nwaflyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
nwaflyer
Has anyone gone through the interview process yet? What are they actually offering? Just low interest loans and some kind of guaranteed flow to Republic or something else?

The assumption being that we are all going to go Google it?

I bet the details are on the webpage if we do...

Is it an academy that teaches new glider pilots how to find lift? If so, I’m in!

The assumption being that we are all going to go Google it?

I bet the details are on the webpage if we do...

If you bothered to follow your own advice for five seconds you'd see there's nothing but marketing fluff on the website.

I'm sorry I thought this was a pilot forum not the bitter mouth breather forum. I was expecting too much.

If you bothered to follow your own advice for five seconds you'd see there's nothing but marketing fluff on the website.

I would think that should give you all the information needed. :)

Especially in the current hiring environment.

If they’re not showing their cards, there’s a reason.

I'm sorry I thought this was a pilot forum not the bitter mouth breather forum. I was expecting too much.

Welcome to POA. Good to see the new folks coming out swinging.

Welcome to POA. Good to see the new folks coming out swinging.
...and the usual sniping and backbiting from regulars who don't know the answer to the question posed.

Nauga,
part of the problem

...and the usual sniping and backbiting from regulars who don't know the answer to the question posed.

Nauga,
part of the problem

Backbiting? Nah. I just told him the website has all the details anybody has on it.

It’s a relatively new pay to play scheme. I doubt they’ve fielded more than a single classroom full of pilots through it yet. If that.

It only hit the news sources a couple of months ago.

All of them are the same, pay inflated price for training with a guarantee of “flow” (meaning, an interview, maybe) at a larger carrier after signing a contract you won’t leave for X amount of time.

If you break it, you pay them.

Generally they’re just bad business deals. Manage your own career. In the current market a guaranteed interview isn’t worth much.

If they won’t put details of exactly what you’re getting for your contracted indentured servitude on their website, the deal isn’t very good.

Doesn’t just go for them, all the regionals are doing this right now.

Better? Sheesh. :)

Backbiting? Nah. I just told him the website has all the details anybody has on it.

It’s a relatively new pay to play scheme. I doubt they’ve fielded more than a single classroom full of pilots through it yet. If that.

It only hit the news sources a couple of months ago.

All of them are the same, pay inflated price for training with a guarantee of “flow” (meaning, an interview, maybe) at a larger carrier after signing a contract you won’t leave for X amount of time.

If you break it, you pay them.

Generally they’re just bad business deals. Manage your own career. In the current market a guaranteed interview isn’t worth much.

If they won’t put details of exactly what you’re getting for your contracted indentured servitude on their website, the deal isn’t very good.

Doesn’t just go for them, all the regionals are doing this right now.

Better? Sheesh. :)

First class will supposedly start in September. My gut instinct is this program is exactly as you describe, but hey you never know. I gotta keep my options open. These CFIs at the airport aren't getting any cheaper...

Actually a guarantee of "flow" means a direct transfer to a larger carrier without needing an interview once your number is up.

Actually a guarantee of "flow" means a direct transfer to a larger carrier without needing an interview once your number is up.

True. I don’t think this program claims “flow” but having only briefly looked at a number of them, they all kinda run together.

Most... aren’t flow. They’re just “guaranteed interview” or similar.

The reality is, you’re not going to have much of a hard time getting interviews anywhere right now.

Not like in years past, for sure.

I live in Lafayette Indiana currently..these posts are correct it's a pay to play program. As far as flow id search Republics pilot forums seeing if these pilots are moving up or not. What i do know is they are hiring flight instructors for their Indy location like crazy right now. I asked for a tour of the facility and was told classes where full for the fall and call back in September. Vincennes University, Republic, and Purdue are all in this together. Ive been hunting for flight schools in Indiana for about 60days. Most are university programs..i think I'll save a little money by going to the community college program if posssible.

Back