Levothyroxine

P

Pilotaz

I was just prescribed Levothyroxine for a high antibiotic thyroid condition.
Is this going impact my class 3 renewal?

It may depend on why you are taking it. And if the condition requiring the medication is new (aka not yet reported to the FAA), or already reported and the medication is the new part. If the former, then all appropriate details and documentation must be gathered, properly formatted, and sent on. If the latter, it could be just a simple report from the treating physician.

However, I am not an AME, so wait for Dr. Bruce to provide the right and proper info.

In the meantime, a search found the CACI for Hypothyroidism that lists that medication.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or.../aam/ame/guide/media/c-cacihypothyroidism.pdf

I take it, they required a blood test, I guess to verify everything was back to normal.

No big deal. You'll need a report from the doctor showing the TSH is in normal range. Sometimes I think half the adult US population is on synthroid ( commercial name for levothroxin)

I'm on it. Hashimoto's (autoimmune disease causing hypothyroidism, my body is rejecting my thyroid and eating it.) I was diagnosed earlier this year, so my first medical with the condition is coming up thIs month. I have been in touch with my AME and a friend at CAMI and don't anticipate any problems qualifying for a CACI (AME can issue in office). It seems to be a pretty common, and benign thing as far as flying goes, unless you have some of the symptoms they list on the form @AggieMike88 linked to.

Prssnt to your u AME at the regular time with a normal TSH done in the preceeding year that is normal, stable on the same dose for 90 days, and be should issue uoh a normal certificate :)....

Correction on original post.
I have low thyroid antibiotics.
Thank you for all the comments

No big deal. You'll need a report from the doctor showing the TSH is in normal range. Sometimes I think half the adult US population is on synthroid ( commercial name for levothroxin)

Levothyroxine is the most prescribed drug in the world.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back