Let's talk Grummans

My 1977 AA-5B, LoPresti cowl, Power Flow exhaust, paint, interior and new glass done in 2007. Love this plane. Have not flown into any grass fields with it. I have owned an AA-1B and AA-1C before the Tiger. PM me if I can answer any questions.

Fly Safe,
Mike in NJ

Sweet! I want it! :thumbsup:

Hope to make my 1979 Tiger look as good.

Last edited:
I recently found a Tiger for sale that has a 200hp I360 and constant speed prop....did anyone else never realize those existed???

From what I understand, that is a STCed engine up grade. advantage " it climbs great," disadvantage high fuel usage = shorter legs. and a lesser baggage load.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't asked about useful load - does the STC reduce UL quite a bit? Current owner says he can get 140ktas @ 9gph using around 2200rpm...that sure seems great to me (I understand it would be a ton more fuel usage for climbing and TO with the constant speed prop).

Do you think the CS prop STC adds a great deal of value to the plane?

I recently found a Tiger for sale that has a 200hp I360 and constant speed prop....did anyone else never realize those existed???

There are approximately 3 of them from what I understand. What's the tail#? How much are they asking?

There are approximately 3 of them from what I understand. What's the tail#? How much are they asking?

Not sure of the tail number, but it's in TX, has about 600SMOH, and asking $69.5k

Back