Let's talk about Wranglers - The Sequel

I have a 2003 TJ Wrangler Sport that I still use as a daily driver. I will be looking for a new one next year, although I may wait for the new ones to come out.

I don't think you can compare a Nissan SUV like a xteara to a wrangler.

Actually, the Xterra has a TON of off-road fans. It really does a great job of being rugged and getting around. They compare pretty well with the STOCK wranglers and such. However, it doesn't seem that anyone drives a factory stock wrangler, so the comparison gets pretty muddy after that. The first thing every Wrangler owner does after buying their Jeep is order $5K worth of aftermarket wheels/winches/jacks, bumpers/lights, etc. in order to make it "right". :D

Actually, the Xterra has a TON of off-road fans. It really does a great job of being rugged and getting around. They compare pretty well with the STOCK wranglers and such. However, it doesn't seem that anyone drives a factory stock wrangler, so the comparison gets pretty muddy after that. The first thing every Wrangler owner does after buying their Jeep is order $5K worth of aftermarket wheels/winches/jacks, bumpers/lights, etc. in order to make it "right". :D

A stock Wrangler is a pretty capable off road vehicle. Add bigger, better tires, lift kit, etc does make it better though.

I don't think you can compare a Nissan SUV like a xteara to a wrangler.

Why not ? Its very capable off-road while remaining usable as a daily driver ?

Heeps are nothing special. :D

Just got rid of the wife's 2012 JKU Sport. That was the best value-holding vehicle I've ever owned, sticker price on it was just under 30(I think we paid about 29 for it out the door 4 years ago), kbb good trade-in value was still 25. Unfortunately what we traded it in on probably lost that much value before the ink was dry when we signed the deal :sad:

Nice looking Jeep ... except it's not muddy! :)

I see it IS marking its territory, tho! Good Jeep!

Luckily that was just the A/C condensation! We make sure to take it out and give it a workout every now and then :D

yevEC9Fl.jpg

dZWT5izl.jpg

Luckily that was just the A/C condensation! We make sure to take it out and give it a workout every now and then :D

yevEC9Fl.jpg

dZWT5izl.jpg

nice! I did mean that like one would say "Good dog!" while giving it a pat on the head...

I see your spotter doesn't like to get out and look, either? :D

nice! I did mean that like one would say "Good dog!" while giving it a pat on the head...

Yep, that's how I took it :) A true off-road Jeep is a constant fight against drips and drops...

I have a 2003 TJ Wrangler Sport that I still use as a daily driver. I will be looking for a new one next year, although I may wait for the new ones to come out.

I'd keep it, TJ is far more of a wrangler than the new models, just V8 swap it :D

I don't have any pics of mine doing jeepy stuff - the '95 or the '98... just boring parked pics

oh wait - there's one at the bottom

Attachments

• 539.JPG
    539.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 545.JPG
    545.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1469.JPG
    IMG_1469.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
I don't have any pics of mine doing jeepy stuff - the '95 or the '98... just boring parked pics

oh wait - there's one at the bottom

Always interesting to see the white jeep and to think it once rested in my garage. Glad it is being put to use.

Always interesting to see the white jeep and to think it once rested in my garage. Glad it is being put to use.

:) I'm (im)patiently waiting for my youngest to buy a car to replace his old Saturn that died it's final death last year (260k miles, 2nd engine). In the mean time, he's borrowing the white jeep. It's leading a pretty un-jeeply life taking him back and forth to work lately.

A stock Wrangler is a pretty capable off road vehicle. Add bigger, better tires, lift kit, etc does make it better though.

Like this?

Attachments

• Jeepie.jpg
    Jeepie.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 8
Off road vehicles are fun... Especially if you "wake them up" with a little more power. I knew a shop that used to put Viper V10s into Wrangers. That would be interesting!

I'm kind of partial myself to offroad vehicles with lots of power. I have a ~1000HP 2014 Ford Raptor... :D A little overkill but it is fun. It has a highly modified 6.6L stroker with Kooks long tube header exhaust and a Whipple supercharger.

I actually just picked up my 15 Rubicon. It's the first car I've bought myself and I couldn't be happier with it. There's nothing like driving to the airport with the doors off and the top down!

:) I'm (im)patiently waiting for my youngest to buy a car to replace his old Saturn that died it's final death last year (260k miles, 2nd engine). In the mean time, he's borrowing the white jeep. It's leading a pretty un-jeeply life taking him back and forth to work lately.
Hey, I saw the white Jeep on TV this morning. Definitely living the un-Jeeply life...

lol ... and here I thought "The White Jeep" was something special that was just between us ... :D :D :D and now we have to share it with "The Pope"

I just wonder how many US tax dollars are being spent on that white Jeep and all the security for it. What a waste.

Back