Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

assuming he hit the ramp at 15mph or 22fps (a pretty good clip for a Schwinn), and the ramp is 30deg incline, add the induced lift from the “ahead of the times” Schwinn “Lemon Crate” steel tubing frame, but net out the added drag of the way cool hairdo, and gravity pulling down at 32.2 fps/sec, he would need about 1.4 sec hang time, so neglecting any head wind component, then . . . . yeah, you’re right . . . .I can hear the cans scattering and picture the crash in my head. Probably one good bounce off the banana seat with 1/2” foam padding before he endoed over the miniature ape hangar bars of the day. Hit many a ramp like that back in the day. Never brave enough to put anything between me and Mother Earth though, my hat’s off to the boy.

assuming he hit the ramp at 15mph or 22fps (a pretty good clip for a Schwinn), and the ramp is 30deg incline, add the induced lift from the “ahead of the times” Schwinn “Lemon Crate” steel tubing frame, but net out the added drag of the way cool hairdo, and gravity pulling down at 32.2 fps/sec, he would need about 1.4 sec hang time, so neglecting any head wind component, then . . . . yeah, you’re right . . . .I can hear the cans scattering and picture the crash in my head. Probably one good bounce off the banana seat with 1/2” foam padding before he endoed over the miniature ape hangar bars of the day. Hit many a ramp like that back in the day. Never brave enough to put anything between me and Mother Earth though, my hat’s off to the boy.
LOL - I love the build up with all the math and aerodynamic consideration only to conclude that the guy is definitely going to be breaking his ribs on the garbage cans :D

LOL - I love the build up with all the math and aerodynamic consideration only to conclude that the guy is definitely going to be breaking his ribs on the garbage cans :D
The short version is, "It depends on the speed." :D

55386efe7cee6e0d5635441907c90c8e.jpg

My best was 4 cans but instead of that cool Schwinn I had a hand me down bike that I used my paper route money to put a banana seat and high rise handle bars on it.

And I only tried 5 cans once because when I flattened out a couple cans with my face my dad made sure I couldn't sit on that bike seat, or any other seat, for a few days....

Small technically. It was a Lemon Peeler, not crate. I owned one.

That's the very first plane in my logbook N6585L. Many years later it was owned by one of my former students, but it languished in its tie down spot for even more years.
Someone bought it at auction and attempted to ferry it with no maintenance. Didn't even clean the moss off it.

I stabbed a vampire, beat zombies to death and killed the devil itself…

my wife rushes through the room and shouts,

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GIVE THEM CANDIES, FRANK!!"

Last edited:
For some reason, it always amazes me when people go to that much trouble to create a permanent and/or prominent display without proofreading the spelling.

For some reason, it always amazes me when people go to that much trouble to create a permanent and/or prominent display without proofreading the spelling.

Like the teacher walking a picket line with a sign that includes "we aren't gonna take it anymore"?

I heard she had a Twisted Sister and knee someone named Dee.

I heard the Polite Sister said "We no longer accept the current situation." but they just didn't garner the attention of their Twisted Sister.

I've mostly gotten over misspellings in message-board posts, but painting things on the outside of a truck takes a lot more work, and gets a lot more exposure!

And is much harder to correct if a mistake is made.

Lack of a backspace key and all that...

At one of the fine educational establishments that I used to service I noticed a sign along the straight driveway in front of the building that read:

"Do not park on yellow curve"

Back