Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

From the other side, maybe she sued for damages to property.
Of course that is probably what really happened. As usual, the person causing the problem (allowing an un-neutered cat to run free) probably sued the person that tried to fix the problem. And trust me, too many feral cats are a problem.

No joke.
I used to work with a cat lady...
A stray started hanging around her house, so she took it in, got it fixed, etc. After a week or two, someone came by knocking on her door looking for their lost cat...
Some years back a crazy neighbor stole one of our cats, had it fixed, kept it. A couple of weeks later we saw the cat in her window, asked her about, she denied having it, started screaming at us to get off her property. My wife called the cops, and while the lady was arguing with the cop her daughter slipped into the house and a minute later, surprise, the cat came walking around the side of the house.

That family got into other police trouble and fortunately moved away.

Some years back a crazy neighbor stole one of our cats, had it fixed, kept it. A couple of weeks later we saw the cat in her window, asked her about, she denied having it, started screaming at us to get off her property. My wife called the cops, and while the lady was arguing with the cop her daughter slipped into the house and a minute later, surprise, the cat came walking around the side of the house.

That family got into other police trouble and fortunately moved away.

Lots of folks seem to be in denial when a cat wanders by that is well fed, clean, and friendly, it's a pet and not a feral stray to be "rescued".

Would be funnier if it was a seal. :D
bbb.jpg

when a cat wanders by that is well fed, clean, and friendly, it's a pet and not a feral stray to be "rescued".

That was why I thought my cat had to have an owner. A month of looking and asking around found no one. She's been with me over two years now.

Speaking of cats; I'm going to kill every one of these muddy-feet little ******* and go back to poison.
IMG_20230125_211022597.jpg

That was why I thought my cat had to have an owner. A month of looking and asking around found no one. She's been with me over two years now.
Until the day comes and off she goes off to live with someone else!

Are we still talking about cats?

Yes, because @2-Bit Speed couldn't get rid of me even if he tried and tried and tried. :D

...though to be honest, the cat in question is probably almost as attached to him as I am. She finds articles of clothing that smell like him and sleeps/eats with them while he's at work, alternates waiting by the door for him to come home from work for 15 to 20 minutes with running to the door when she hears him pull up, and always wants to have her walk outside with him as soon as he gets home, whether or not I've already taken her outside that day. When he touches her, her tail goes straight up and stays there and when he pets her, she instantly starts to purr. She loves me, but she worships him. :)

Yes, because @2-Bit Speed couldn't get rid of me even if he tried and tried and tried. :D

...though to be honest, the cat in question is probably almost as attached to him as I am. She finds articles of clothing that smell like him and sleeps/eats with them while he's at work, alternates waiting by the door for him to come home from work for 15 to 20 minutes with running to the door when she hears him pull up, and always wants to have her walk outside with him as soon as he gets home, whether or not I've already taken her outside that day. When he touches her, her tail goes straight up and stays there and when he pets her, she instantly starts to purr. She loves me, but she worships him. :)
Are we still talking about the cat?:D

If a microchip exists so you can scan the cat and get it's name and it's owner, I think the equivalent for humans is a marriage license. And he's already got that taken of, thankfully. :D

Hmmm. bio tag info in the wedding band. It took my wife and I many years to figure out that those rings are NOT telepathic.

Hmmm, if I can code the chips with names/addresses of people I don't like, I just might start chipping stray cats.

:D I probably should not be enabling this, but yes, you hypothetically could. When you get a cat microchipped, you fill out the form with whatever name and address you want. No verification or anything needed...but please don't microchip cats with names of people who would mistreat them!

Upon hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95-year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied,

"He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning."

Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble.

"Oh no, my dear;' replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice and slow and even. Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong."

She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued,

"He'd still be alive if the ice cream truck hadn't come along."

The most expensive eggs I have ever eaten have come from suburban neighbors who got a few chickens.

Feed, hen houses, chicken tractors, fencing, supplies, heat lamps, vermin control, vet bills ...

The good thing is they weren't passing on those costs.
I can't seem to figure out why in tarnation do you need a vet for a chicken?

Back