Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

that's the kind of thing I would have done at that age.
I climbed to the top of the windmill when I was about 2 1/2…I remember being up there and seeing my mom and older brother standing next to the house while my mom called for me to climb down, and I remember being impressed that my mom knew how to use a ratchet and a wrench to remove a couple of rungs from the ladder. ;)

well into our 50s, my brother admitted to Mom that he had actually been up there first, and coerced me into climbing up before he ran in the house and tattled.:mad:

I climbed to the top of the windmill when I was about 2 1/2…I remember being up there and seeing my mom and older brother standing next to the house while my mom called for me to climb down, and I remember being impressed that my mom knew how to use a ratchet and a wrench to remove a couple of rungs from the ladder. ;)

well into our 50s, my brother admitted to Mom that he had actually been up there first, and coerced me into climbing up before he ran in the house and tattled.:mad:
That brings back memories. When I was about 8 yrs old we lived in a 3 story apartment building with a ledge running around the building under the windows. My older brother and my older cousin (both about a foot taller than me) would climb out one window, slide along the ledge and come back in through a different window.

Me, not even considering the height difference tried it one day. I managed to climb out on the ledge without falling and killing myself, but at that point I realized I was stuck. I couldn't pull myself back up to the window and I couldn't slide along the edge to a lower window. I was pretty much frozen with fear. Eventually my mother came out looking for me and I yelled for her. She ran back up the three stories, leaned out the window with her 5ft 1 inch, 102 pound frame and yanked my 60'ish pounds up and in through the window. She hugged me, then beat me, then hugged me again.

I actually tried it again about 2 years later and it was a piece of cake getting back in.

That brings back memories. When I was about 8 yrs old we lived in a 3 story apartment building with a ledge running around the building under the windows. My older brother and my older cousin (both about a foot taller than me) would climb out one window, slide along the ledge and come back in through a different window.

Me, not even considering the height difference tried it one day. I managed to climb out on the ledge without falling and killing myself, but at that point I realized I was stuck. I couldn't pull myself back up to the window and I couldn't slide along the edge to a lower window. I was pretty much frozen with fear. Eventually my mother came out looking for me and I yelled for her. She ran back up the three stories, leaned out the window with her 5ft 1 inch, 102 pound frame and yanked my 60'ish pounds up and in through the window. She hugged me, then beat me, then hugged me again.

I actually tried it again about 2 years later and it was a piece of cake getting back in.
We’re actually all dead…we’re just imagining that we survived childhood. ;)

Waaah!
f6ba69b3be3cd72e2f6204c6c701cfcb.jpg

Truth, but for mine, the freezer's even better... He loves ice cubes... He takes one to the living room, and leaves it to melt. Sigh... He used to love em, now it's just habit.

For us it's the dishwasher, open that door and pull the rack out, and he's licking dishes as we're stacking them in there lol.

When I was younger my older and wiser sister told me I could get a free lollipop if I got lost at the grocery store. So the next time my mom went shopping I tried getting ''lost''. I went to the owner/manager crying saying I was lost, so they called my moms name over the loud speakers, which embarrassed my mom terribly. But before that the owner gave me a grape lollipop to get me to stop crying.

Unfortunately this was in the early 60s and a small town where everyone knows everyone, so this only worked once...
Tell us what happened the second time you went for the free sucker.

Tell us what happened the second time you went for the free sucker.

The manager just grabbed me by the hand and took me to my mom, who thusly grabbed me and plopped me into the child seat on the grocery cart.

But it could have been worse. A friend of mine, when he was very young, his mother had a harness and a leash he had to wear to keep him from wandering away from mom while she was shopping.

A friend of mine, when he was very young, his mother had a harness and a leash he had to wear to keep him from wandering away from mom while she was shopping.
I’ve seen that on rare occasion. And apparently it is NOT appropriate to ask “is that a rescue?”

I wore a leashed harness as a toddler... I was raised in the era of..."children are to be seen and not heard."

To be honest, I was a bit of a hellion...

But it could have been worse. A friend of mine, when he was very young, his mother had a harness and a leash he had to wear to keep him from wandering away from mom while she was shopping.

I’ve seen that on rare occasion. And apparently it is NOT appropriate to ask “is that a rescue?”

Just FYI, you have to be careful asking that question about someone's significant other, too.

My dad had a bit "firmer" way of making sure you didn't run & hide so that he had to come looking for you ... :frown2:

Back