Let's look in your wallet.

How is your paper money organized?

• Sorted by dollar amount.

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Above, and arranged so the faces are all towards the front.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Above, and with the faces right side up.

Votes: 52 47.7%
  • Above, and in serial number order.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Above, except the “winners” for liar’s poker are in a special compartment waiting for Gastons.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Totally at random.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Hey, I'm a pilot. When I get enough paper to sort, I’ll let you know.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Meh. I use plastic, not paper.

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
Oh....my.....gawd. I thought my husband (a retired pilot) was suffering from OCD because he keeps his money sorted, facing one way, and heads up. Now I learn he's typical and I'm the weird one. I clicked "I'm a pilot and don't have any money" because I tend not to carry much cash, but when I do, it's random. Every once in a great while I will sort it, but all facing forward and heads up? Nah.

The funny thing is, my husband thinks I'M suffering from OCD because I collect receipts for everything, even small cash purchases. That is, of course, because I use Quicken and he doesn't (we keep our finances separate). But I certainly don't keep them in any kind of order.

When I travel overseas, I carry two wallets, one for my American money (actually just a teeny coin purse) and put the foreign money in my regular wallet (although, come to think of it, I don't carry my regular wallet but a smaller one with just the essentials).

Because I'm female and, like a lot of females, carry a purse, my regular wallet is one of these honkers that has checkbook, credit cards, pictures (including several of my airplane), pilot certificates, medical, professional society membership cards (I need the member numbers sometimes), random business cards, a list of the beads I have (I'm a beader and I keep the list to keep myself from duplicating purchases when I find a cool bead store--it's in 6-pt type, so it doesn't take up much room), bandaids, stamps, health insurance cards, calling card, personal membership cards (AOPA, alumni association, EAA, NRA), and pen.

And I won't even start on what's in my purse, although I will say that I'm a lot better organized than a lot of women. I hate little things like chapstick floating around loose, so I have a couple of small cloth bags with zippers that I keep that stuff in.

My arm muscles are pretty well developed.

Judy

Last edited:
Oh....my.....gawd. I thought my husband (a retired pilot) was suffering from OCD because he keeps his money sorted, facing one way, and heads up.

At one time in his life he probably worked at a money handling job, and there it is quite typical to "face" the money, and it becomes habit quite quickly. I used to never use a wallet, and just carry everything in my front pocket, but it got to the point where I had so much misc crap, that I ended up getting a wallet and now carry it in my front pocket, and yes, it looks like a George Kastanza wallet.

At one time in his life he probably worked at a money handling job, and there it is quite typical to "face" the money, and it becomes habit quite quickly. I used to never use a wallet, and just carry everything in my front pocket, but it got to the point where I had so much misc crap, that I ended up getting a wallet and now carry it in my front pocket, and yes, it looks like a George Kastanza wallet.
Ah....you've succumbed......the "Man bag" will be next......:goofy:

Back