Let em play...

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
What makes me smile about this video is how good of an example it is of how much someone can learn if just left alone to try things — working it against whatever knowledge they do have, as they experiment and internalize things.

In other words... if teaching, just shut up sometimes. :)

Guy did great. Scared himself a little at the end. His summary of the multiple simultaneous tasks is great. Ha.

“Let’s shut down and take a breath...” hahaha. Yeah. Breathe.

Fun vid. Guy should continue and do his certificate if he can! He’s hooked. Haha.

I really miss Nicholas. I hope he's ok.

Shrug.

He hasn't made a video since he left the North East.

I tried to reach out to him via e-mail and linked in and didn't get any reply.

It's just that he dropped off the map. It's ok, he doesn't owe us anything. He just made really great videos and hope the best for him.

Shrug.

He hasn't made a video since he left the North East.

I tried to reach out to him via e-mail and linked in and didn't get any reply.

It's just that he dropped off the map. It's ok, he doesn't owe us anything. He just made really great videos and hope the best for him.

Ah. I just looked at the date on it. Wow.

That’s sad. YT recently started recommending his stuff to me.

I take students flying now and again, if they want after their semester is done. I had one guy to whom I gave control. He was having real trouble, until I gave him some really simple tips. Looks at the wing tips against the horizon, find some feature of the nose that hits the horizon. After that he smoothed out markedly. I of course didn't offer to let him land the airplane.

My students are all bright as can be and are going to make all kinds of money, so I figure I have a better chance of making a pilot with them than Young Eagles.

Biggest challenge when learning to become a CFI...learning to talk through maneuvers.

Biggest challenge once I was a CFI...learning to shut up!

Back