Legality of transporting alcohol

Have them box it up and wrap it if it's a gift. You don't even have to know what's in it.
In a court of law, that wouldn’t hold up long.

:stirpot:

No matter how you slice it, it's minor in possession. The risk of getting caught is another matter. Very small, but not zero. And I agree with FlySince9 that your character is defined by what you do when no one is looking.

Your character/honor is defined by what you do when no one is watching....

Uhh, but you're transporting a drink, not murdering a nun, sorry but I just couldn't take issue with a kid transporting a bottle of wine for mom, or even sneaking a beer while camping.

I have a hard time getting bent out of shape over victimless crimes, guess I'm just not puritanical enough.

Depends on if it's a jury of constitutionalists or puritans

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

Uhh, but you're transporting a drink, not murdering a nun, sorry but I just couldn't take issue with a kid transporting a bottle of wine for mom, or even sneaking a beer while camping.

I have a hard time getting bent out of shape over victimless crimes, guess I'm just not puritanical enough.

Depends on if it's a jury of constitutionalist or puritans

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

Same here.

I see we’ve got some funny people in here. I posted this because I’m with some distant family, and they wanted me to bring it back as a gift to my folks, but I’ve decided to opt out. Don’t want to take the risk in the event of an incident, as Islandboy pointed out.

Good decision. I like hearing it.

Brings up an interesting point. Is a 20-year old truck driver allowed to transport alcohol?

Someone said depends on the state. I work with warehouses today and I've run across a grocery warehouse where workers under 21 were not allowed to handle tobacco and alcohol in the warehouse. It wasn't that difficult to figure out how to make the system comply, but it was an interesting twist that I've never seen before. Projects are blending together in the grey matter, but I think that was in Illinois? California? Probably not Texas.

I've also seen places where grocery clerks or "bag boys" could not be under 21 because of this.

Your character/honor is defined by what you do when no one is watching....

And this my friends is the definition of integrity.

Most males fap off. Some females too.

Some pick their noses. Some scratch their butts.

Now I know the definition of true integrity.

Gosh what would I do without BS internet platitudes to light the way? LOL.

Back