Le Tour

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
http://www.letour.fr/

It is almost time folks. I have been busy studying the routes and looking at the teams. The menus have been set for watching the stages each day and I have subscribed to the daily live streaming broadcast. The question is what will you be doing for the Tour?

I'm going to be in Hawaii most of that time. Somehow I think the TdF isn't going to be on my radar screen. :D

I will watch at least part of it.

But I'll be out of town a lot setting up a new DR site, so I'll miss most of it.

I'll be putting up with whatever coverage I get out of OLN or whatever they call it these days. I just hope they canned that Trautwig guy.....

Pete

P.S. While we are on a bike thread anyone doing any big rides this year? Just got back from Ride the rockies last week, and had an awesome time.

I'll be putting up with whatever coverage I get out of OLN or whatever they call it these days. I just hope they canned that Trautwig guy.....

Pete

P.S. While we are on a bike thread anyone doing any big rides this year? Just got back from Ride the rockies last week, and had an awesome time.

OLN = Versus now. It is a stupid name IMHO

Al does not bug me too much. I can't stand Phil Ligget. He just talks nonsense. Paul Scherwen and Bobke are the best!!

I watched the Giro in Italy a couple of years ago. The announcers were hilarious and I can't even speak Italian. They would just rattle on and show weird camera angles then flash to a really 'hot' girl in studio who would point to a status board. It was very Italian and funny.

It is almost time folks. I have been busy studying the routes and looking at the teams. The menus have been set for watching the stages each day and I have subscribed to the daily live streaming broadcast. The question is what will you be doing for the Tour?

watch....bicycle....riding....????? I've got a suggestion. During every period you have set aside for watching bicycle riding on TV, go ride your bicycle instead.

watch....bicycle....riding....????? I've got a suggestion. During every period you have set aside for watching bicycle riding on TV, go ride your bicycle instead.
What makes you think I have not watched while riding the rollers?

BTW what you said is true for any sport except golf. If you watch golf you should just put a gun up against your head as that has got to be the dumbest spectator sport on the planet. :yes::yes::D:D

What makes you think I have not watched while riding the rollers?

BTW what you said is true for any sport except golf. If you watch golf you should just put a gun up against your head as that has got to be the dumbest spectator sport on the planet. :yes::yes::D:D

While Golf rates right up there with Cricket, both have been superceeded by..........Poker! Now, could someone tell me how poker graduated from game to sport? There's way too many channels on TV if we broadcast Poker.

I'll be watching it. Scott, who's your pick? As much as I'd love to see Levi win (he's a local boy), I don't think he can handle that much weight on his shoulders and the team behind doesn't seem that strong. I think it's pretty wide open.

I'll be watching it. Scott, who's your pick? As much as I'd love to see Levi win (he's a local boy), I don't think he can handle that much weight on his shoulders and the team behind doesn't seem that strong. I think it's pretty wide open.

I, like you, am hoping for Levi. I really thought he had a good chance last year. But Tom Boonen could do it this year. With all the shake ups from Operation Puerto he may have a chance if he can do anything in the mountains. That is usually not his strong spot but maybe he say a chance and trained. If he does not take it all I hope he gets the green.

The question is what will you be doing for the Tour?

I'll be checking my watch, timing how long it takes the little French guys to claim that the American's are doped. Boy, if those guys hated losing wars as much as they hate losing bicycle races they'd be a superpower.

It's either baseball or the Tour on TV. No doubt watch le Tour.

I, like you, am hoping for Levi. I really thought he had a good chance last year. But Tom Boonen could do it this year. With all the shake ups from Operation Puerto he may have a chance if he can do anything in the mountains. That is usually not his strong spot but maybe he say a chance and trained. If he does not take it all I hope he gets the green.

I never figured Boonen for a climber but maybe the course is not too punishing on the bigger guys this year. I guess if the little climbers can win it (e.g. Pantani) some years, it's only fair to turn it around.

I'm interesting in watching what happens on Vino's team. Sounds like he and ??? (Kloden, maybe, can't remember) are both solid contenders. I didn't watch the tour during the Lemond/Fignon (I think that was his teammate) debacle. I wonder if we'll see something similar.

Last edited:
I never figured Boonen for a climber but maybe the course is not too punishing on the bigger guys this year. I guess if the little climbers can win it (e.g. Pantani) some years, it's only fair to turn it around.

I'm interesting in watching what happens on Vino's team. Sounds like he and ??? (Kloden, maybe, can't remember) are both solid contenders. I didn't watch the tour during the Lemond/Fignon (I think that was his teammate) debacle. I wonder if we'll see something similar.

I agree about the climbing!!

Vinokurov and Kloden should be a good match up. I am keeping an eye on Thor Husvold too.

WOW What a Finish on day2!!! Robbie McEwen did and incredible thing. After riding for almost 126 miles he was at the back of the pack. The whole peleton was ahead of him and an incident kept him in back. But he got rolling with about 25km and started working his way up. At 10km (6.2) he was still at the back. The cameras all went to the front to watch the sprinters take off. With under a mile to all of a sudden there is Robbie coming up on the side like a rocket!! He blew everyone away and took the stage!!

I can't believe it was only the second day as the race was super exciting. Nice to see a whole new group of guys getting a shot at the race. The American, mostly Lance, have been dominating this event for a decade now! I hope Levi (also and American) can keep going, when they get to the mountains we will see him shine. George Hincapie (also and American) is looking real good now too!

I agree. It was looking pretty dim for Robbie but he pulled it out.

How about David Millar in the polka dot jersey? I've kind of always liked that guy -- especially when he fessed up, took the 2 year ban and came back. (I know it's pretty sad to be impressed by someone admitting to using PEDs.)

I agree. It was looking pretty dim for Robbie but he pulled it out.

How about David Millar in the polka dot jersey? I've kind of always liked that guy -- especially when he fessed up, took the 2 year ban and came back. (I know it's pretty sad to be impressed by someone admitting to using PEDs.)

Yeah it is a bit difficult. There was also, prior to his down fall for PEDs, Phil Liggett constantly singing his praises. That got a little old when all we would here about was David Milllllll-ARE!

Today was an incredible stage. Watching Hernadez make that last climb up to the finish was amazing. I just kept thinking "I'm not worthy". I know even if I started 5k from the finish I could not have done what he did after riding for a 100miles.

What a cute dog, hope he's not injured.

All he was trying to do was bring excitement to a "bike race." Can I televise myself eating peanut butter & jelly sandwiches (on steroids none the less) and get people all around the world to watch?

Is it me or do Alexander Vinokurov and Conan O'Brian appear separated at birth?

vinokurov.jpg

142110__conan_l.jpg

Boom-boom in green and word on the street is Rasmussen was fingered as a blood doper in 2002.

I love professionaly cycling, but I hate all of the drama around doping. Sigh.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Ineteresting response in Germany to the T-Mobile rider (Sinkewicz) who got busted for testosterone levels. Both public networks (ARD and ZDF) stopped live tour coverage, and there is talk of withholding funds for the World Road Racing championships in Stuttgart this year.

Pete

So, have any French riders been caught up in doping?

And yet another one. Christian Moreni, Italian rider. Taken away by police.

Still no French.

I have lost about all interest in Le Tour. And once the fascination & rubbernecking is done about the NBA official, I expect to lose interest in the NBA, too.

And now Rasmussen has been fired by Rabo and is no longer in the tour.

http://www.versus.com/tdf

Apparently the "diary" he turned in late wasn't correct. It said he was in Mexico, when in reality he was in Italy.

So the tour is now simply the last rider standing.

Last edited:
And now Rasmussen has been fired by Rabo and is no longer in the tour.

http://www.versus.com/tdf

Apparently the "diary" he turned in late wasn't correct. It said he was in Mexico, when in reality he was in Italy.

So the tour is now simply the last rider standing.

The French may get their wish and win it after all.

Back