Lawsuit Madness - OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
His cane has a mirror on it???

Wouldn't THAT be a fun development? :yes: You could get him for using it to peek up skirts!

I was thinking about reporting him to the VA if it wasn't for the fact that trying to prove he doesn't have PTSD is next to impossible.
I think it would still be of interest to them. You never know what part might hold the rest of a puzzle together.

This guy is a professional victim. He makes his money by getting people to feel sorry for him, just like that gal who has been begging outside of the Temple Square gates for most of the last decade. They make it more difficult for the people they're copying, who have legitimate issues.

Wouldn't THAT be a fun development? :yes: You could get him for using it to peek up skirts!

I think it would still be of interest to them. You never know what part might hold the rest of a puzzle together.

This guy is a professional victim. He makes his money by getting people to feel sorry for him, just like that gal who has been begging outside of the Temple Square gates for most of the last decade. They make it more difficult for the people they're copying, who have legitimate issues.

And that's why those types of people are scum. Filth of our species not even worthy of pity. I'd sooner befriend a bank robber. I'd guess rapist is about on par with this sort of human trash.

Who are the 10 Does? I would think he would know the 10 different CFI's he went through to achieve the rigorous certification of Sport Pilot - hmmmmmmm.

Anyone with more of the suit?

'Gimp

Who are the 10 Does?

They will be the 10 more folks and companies that Abby Normal thinks he can extort once he figures out who they are. Flying schools, maybe. Or maybe the company that made the gas cap that he didn't install properly. The last guy who worked on the airplane. Whomever he figures that he can spook.

His plan is simple: Scare 'em and screw 'em. He knows he's got no case, but figures that if he can make them worry enough about what a jury will think, they will be willing to make a deal.

I think he's shot himself in the foot with this one -- he's not going to be able to explain away his proactive stupidity, AND he has a vocal and active bunch of folks pointing these things out. This is the sort of thing which spawns amicus curiae briefs and intervenors, either of which mean big problems for Captain Stupid.

Abby is going to try first to prove that the hardware is dangerous, and second that he was not made aware of "known hazards." He's going to play this up for the jury, with full histrionics. He'll moan and groan as he gets out of his chair, and he'll exaggerate the use of his canes. We can expect him to imply that the crash made his condition worse.

The other side will show that he took off in violation of Federal law.

He will then try to twist it to claim that he couldn't know that he had so little fuel (because of the design and because his IPs didn't fully explain it), and the lack of warning placards allowed him to remain ignorant.

Abby will do everything possible to make the jury see this as the case of a poor old local guy on canes v. a foreign corporation which makes expensive planes which just barely meet US standards, and don't care how many of them crash.

However, intervention or amicus can present an independent source of information. The intervenor or amicus can explain that pilots have always been taught about fuel consumption and the law requiring enough fuel at takeoff for the flight plus 30 minutes. They can make the jury question the whole chain of claims that Abby will be making, and why he didn't immediately make the NTSB report that a responsible pilot would. They can make the jury question Abby's qualifications, ability and judgment.

And this is likely to happen, because if they make the award to Abby for being stupid and lucky, this will have a lasting and detrimental effect on aviation, the cost of insurance and aircraft, and influence public opinion against general aviation. That means that we have a stake in this, not just the companies that he's trying to extort.

Who are the 10 Does?

Anyone on this thread who aggravated him could find himself to be one of the does. No legal theory too far fetched to be included in this sue-o-rama.

The only real tragedy in this whole situation is that this guy didn't off himself when he ran out of fuel, as it seems the gene pool could have used a real strong dose of chlorine of the type effective against the bernath strain of parasite. . .

I gotta' admit, however: reading some of the linked articles brought me to the conclusion that the VA sometimes gets it right; in this case through their declaration of 90% disability for this gentleman. It helped me make sense of things, as only someone who was at least 90% disabled in the skull would takeoff with such low fuel, be surprised when he ran out, then try to sue everyone around him.

Beautiful. Just beautiful!! :p

The only real tragedy in this whole situation is that this guy didn't off himself when he ran out of fuel, as it seems the gene pool could have used a real strong dose of chlorine of the type effective against the bernath strain of parasite. . .

I gotta' admit, however: reading some of the linked articles brought me to the conclusion that the VA sometimes gets it right; in this case through their declaration of 90% disability for this gentleman. It helped me make sense of things, as only someone who was at least 90% disabled in the skull would takeoff with such low fuel, be surprised when he ran out, then try to sue everyone around him.

Beautiful. Just beautiful!! :p

That'll be his excuse that he'll use in the counter suit that Flight Design brings on him and the license suspension from the FAA. "Wait! I can't be held responsible, I have PTSD."

That'll be his excuse that he'll use in the counter suit that Flight Design brings on him and the license suspension from the FAA. "Wait! I can't be held responsible, I have PTSD."

Yeah, and PTSD from being a navy Photographer's Mate for just a few years, of all things! YHGTBFSM! This guy is obviously a parasite, and a drain on our country's resources.

All the stuff we've dug up that make him look bad. Makes you wonder how much we HAVEN'T found yet.

They will be the 10 more folks and companies that Abby Normal thinks he can extort once he figures out who they are. Flying schools, maybe. Or maybe the company that made the gas cap that he didn't install properly. The last guy who worked on the airplane. Whomever he figures that he can spook.

His plan is simple: Scare 'em and screw 'em. He knows he's got no case, but figures that if he can make them worry enough about what a jury will think, they will be willing to make a deal.

I think he's shot himself in the foot with this one -- he's not going to be able to explain away his proactive stupidity, AND he has a vocal and active bunch of folks pointing these things out. This is the sort of thing which spawns amicus curiae briefs and intervenors, either of which mean big problems for Captain Stupid.

Abby is going to try first to prove that the hardware is dangerous, and second that he was not made aware of "known hazards." He's going to play this up for the jury, with full histrionics. He'll moan and groan as he gets out of his chair, and he'll exaggerate the use of his canes. We can expect him to imply that the crash made his condition worse.

The other side will show that he took off in violation of Federal law.

He will then try to twist it to claim that he couldn't know that he had so little fuel (because of the design and because his IPs didn't fully explain it), and the lack of warning placards allowed him to remain ignorant.

Abby will do everything possible to make the jury see this as the case of a poor old local guy on canes v. a foreign corporation which makes expensive planes which just barely meet US standards, and don't care how many of them crash.

However, intervention or amicus can present an independent source of information. The intervenor or amicus can explain that pilots have always been taught about fuel consumption and the law requiring enough fuel at takeoff for the flight plus 30 minutes. They can make the jury question the whole chain of claims that Abby will be making, and why he didn't immediately make the NTSB report that a responsible pilot would. They can make the jury question Abby's qualifications, ability and judgment.

And this is likely to happen, because if they make the award to Abby for being stupid and lucky, this will have a lasting and detrimental effect on aviation, the cost of insurance and aircraft, and influence public opinion against general aviation. That means that we have a stake in this, not just the companies that he's trying to extort.

I have never seen amicus curiae intervention at the trial court level. Have you?

I have never seen amicus curiae intervention at the trial court level. Have you?

No, but I've long since stopped monitoring courts (doing TV news was a couple of careers back). I know that nothing prevents it. Whether the court would accept intervention or brief is another question, but I'd expect the judge to do so if one were offered BECAUSE of the rarity.

Anyone on this thread who aggravated him could find himself to be one of the does. No legal theory too far fetched to be included in this sue-o-rama.
I'd pay my own way.

*For this aggregiously bad behavior, juries have awarded hundreds of millions of dollars in punitive damages to punish callous businesses like Flight Design and to deter other business from following Flight Design's callously deadly misconduct

This guy can't even spell what must be the favorite word lawyers like to use.

:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the many tips.
I am confident that Flight Design will pay for their negligence and intentional bad acts and that Flight Design will act responsibly in the future (because it is a good business decision).
www.aspecialdayguide.com/bernathresume.htm

You still haven't answered how you either lied to the local LEOs (took off with 30 minutes fuel), or you lied here (never violated any regulation).

So, were you lying then or now, or (much, much more likely) both...in that you took off with well less than 30 minutes fuel, in violation of VFR reserve regulations and careless operation regulation. As well as violating NTSB regulations regarding accident reporting.

I am confident that Flight Design will pay for their negligence and intentional bad acts and that Flight Design will act responsibly in the future (because it is a good business decision).

I wouldn't necessarily take off with the amount of fuel you had, especially with the plane favoring "the other tank". But, I think that's the problem. You had ample fuel to make to an airport 6 miles away but due to the design of the "both" selector (I've never been a fan of "both" on fuel selector) the CTsw was favoring the empty tank. Seems like a horrible, dangerous design to me. I'd be willing to be an expert witness for the plantiff (at no cost) if you need one. Nick (who I belive goes by "SkyHog" on the forum is an expert in aviation fuel systems, you might look him up for an even better witness.

Once again, thanks for the great aid for Flight Design pilots in informing them of this deadly design defect on the CTSW. I just checked the stats on the complaint and find that over 1,400 people have now read the fact chocked complaint against Flight Design.

Once again, thanks for the great aid for Flight Design pilots in informing them of this deadly design defect on the CTSW. I just checked the stats on the complaint and find that over 1,400 people have now read the fact chocked complaint against Flight Design.

Yes, but only because it's a logical and metaphorical train wreck.

Originally Posted by danielabernath View Post
I wouldn't necessarily take off with the amount of fuel you had, especially with the plane favoring "the other tank". But, I think that's the problem. You had ample fuel to make to an airport 6 miles away but due to the design of the "both" selector (I've never been a fan of "both" on fuel selector) the CTsw was favoring the empty tank. Seems like a horrible, dangerous design to me. I'd be willing to be an expert witness for the plantiff (at no cost) if you need one. Nick (who I belive goes by "SkyHog" on the forum is an expert in aviation fuel systems, you might look him up for an even better witness.

As I said earlier, I had 10 CFI's either fly with me and/or know that I flew a CTSW. 1 instructor even filled up one of the tanks and said it was odd that one tank had drained completely. He did NOT advise me to not fly under such conditions. My point-it was a secret that only Flight Design knew about this deadly design defect but Cessna knew the danger and put a warning into their SkyCatchers. Flight Design merely stated that one gallon was unusable but with 4 gallons, under Flight Designs instructions, that was adequate for a 3 to 6 minute flight. I don't want to repeat myself but if FD had did what it was ordered to do for British CTSW pilots and put in the warning DO NOT TAKE OFF UNLESS YOU CAN SEE AT LEAST A CM (about .40 of an inch)OF FUEL IN EACH FUEL TUBEthere would have been no crash of the CTSW because of fuel starvation.
My phone number is 503 367 4204. I'd be glad to speak with you. Call any time.

Last edited:
Oh, c'mon now... It's not his fault. There wasn't a placard on the Release form or the settlement check advising him that forging another person's signature on it would result in a future bar denial.

As I said earlier, I had 10 CFI's either fly with me and/or know that I flew a CTSW. 1 instructor even filled up one of the tanks and said it was odd that one tank had drained completely. He did NOT advise me to not fly under such conditions. My point-it was a secret that only Flight Design knew about this deadly design defect but Cessna knew the danger and put a warning into their SkyCatchers. Flight Design merely stated that one gallon was unusable but with 4 gallons, under Flight Designs instructions, that was adequate for a 3 to 6 minute flight. I don't want to repeat myself but if FD had did what it was ordered to do for British CTSW pilots and put in the warning DO NOT TAKE OFF UNLESS YOU CAN SEE AT LEAST A CM (about .40 of an inch)OF FUEL IN EACH FUEL TUBEthere would have been no crash of the CTSW because of fuel starvation.

Did you or did you not violate the FARs by taking off with less than 30 minutes of fuel?

As I said earlier, I had 10 CFI's either fly with me and/or know that I flew a CTSW. 1 instructor even filled up one of the tanks and said it was odd that one tank had drained completely. He did NOT advise me to not fly under such conditions. My point-it was a secret that only Flight Design knew about this deadly design defect but Cessna knew the danger and put a warning into their
SkyCatchers. Flight Design merely stated that one gallon was unusable but with 4 gallons, under Flight Designs instructions, that was adequate for a 3 to 6 minute flight. I don't want to repeat myself but if FD had did what it was ordered to do for British CTSW pilots and put in the warning DO NOT TAKE OFF UNLESS YOU CAN SEE AT LEAST A CM (about .40 of an inch)OF FUEL IN EACH FUEL TUBEthere would have been no crash of the CTSW because of fuel starvation.

After the off field landing, did anyone determine the amount of usable fuel remaining?

I've found the problem.

Abby:

bernathjpg-21382d1e7b7ffff0_large.jpg

Zoom:

AEROTV-Airborne-JimCampbell-052512d.jpg

I was not in violation of any rule or law. I would direct your attention to my previous posting as you are merely repeating yourself with questions I have addressed.

One other thing; I am Daniel A. Bernath, Esq. 10335 sw Hoodview Drive, Tigard OR 97224 503 367 4204 ussyorktowncvs10@yahoo.com

and who are all you brave posters here with fake names?

Most of us have met each other... And most of us are smart enough not to use our full real names on the Internet, lest we end up the subject of some dumb-ass lawsuit. :rolleyes:

portraitbernath.gif
unclesam.jpg
promotion.gif
[/IMG]http://aspecialdayguide.com/danbernathchief.jpg
dan&maggie.jpg
http://aspecialdayguide.com/dan%20barrister%20with%20better%20wig.jpg[/IMG]
e34f236b-6209-4da4-9e67-fa7ac703b532_zpsd1fd0533.jpg

danbernathchief.jpg
dan%20barrister%20with%20better%20wig.jpg
bernathpolicepass.jpg
bernathgunb.gif

64 years in September. BZ life. and you?

PS, again, over 1000 reads of the complaint and 12,000 views of this thread. I think I got the word out. Thanks again and get the word out about Flight Design defect CTSWwww.aspecialdayguide.com/bernathresume.htm

Last edited:
No, it's thousands of hits from people fascinated by stupidity, violations of the FARS, lackmof common sense, and the inability to pass an accident without slowing down.

V
Besides, now that Pete's been outed, this is the entertainment thread.

What is the reason for the "I love me" post #437? Do you think showing us that you like to play dress up helps your case?

You knowingly took off with inadequate fuel. You should be paying us $10M for all the time we've spent proving what an idiot you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back