Law enforcement overreaction?

Doesn't work that way at my current job or any other job I've ever held....

Are you saying that if a customer or co-worker made an accusation against you and you denied the claim, you'd be suspended without pay until it was determined who was lying?

Are you saying that if a customer or co-worker made an accusation against you and you denied the claim, you'd be suspended without pay until it was determined who was lying?

Well, when I worked in call centers, if a video was there that showed exactly what happened, I'd be fired within minutes of the video being seen.....

At my current job, same deal. If a video came around of me doing something blatently immoral and unethical, I'd probably be fired on the spot.

Well, when I worked in call centers, if a video was there that showed exactly what happened, I'd be fired within minutes of the video being seen.....

At my current job, same deal. If a video came around of me doing something blatently immoral and unethical, I'd probably be fired on the spot.

The police probably have a union and specific procedures to follow. I'm not sure but I doubt that they are "at will" employees like you probably are.

Doesn't work that way at my current job or any other job I've ever held....
Not the same Nick. We work in a different environment in small private companies. Even then, a good company, still does the right thing generally.

Get yourself into a union situation..Police or otherwise..and there will be procedures.

I feel that, private, union, government--whatever--suspended with pay pending investigation is the right thing to do.

Back