Late Lunch/Dinner around PHX?

Nathan Hyland

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Nathan
There's tons of places to go for breakfast, but any good suggestions for places to fly to after an early Friday workday? Departing at maybe 3pm, preferably back before sunset. The wife and I are in an M20K 231, so cruise/distance is pretty decent.

We've done Hangar24, which she really liked. Any other suggestions? I've gotten Sedona as a suggestion, but as a low time pilot in the middle of a summer afternoon, I'd prefer something a bit more calm than that.

Sedona's not bad, but pretty upscale compared to normal airport diner style food (and prices!). Where are you starting from? There's a nice restaurant next to FFZ that has a dinner menu (The Monastery).

Try some of these:
Bent Prop in Eloy E60
Marble Canyon Lodge at L41 in the Grand Canyon (do some research and make sure you're comfortable, but I went there in my Columbia without any issues)
The Ranch House Grill in Page (PGA) - FBO will drop you off and pick you up)
Lilo's in Seligman P23 - Short walk

You already mentioned Sedona. I like the Bent Prop in Eloy, but it may be a little close for you. Marble Canyon is great but could be dicey in the afternoon. I haven't been to the other two yet, so you may want to verify before going.

Have fun!

Sedona's not bad, but pretty upscale compared to normal airport diner style food (and prices!). Where are you starting from? There's a nice restaurant next to FFZ that has a dinner menu (The Monastery).
I just ate at the Sedona airport restaurant for the first time a few weeks ago. Best airport food I've had and the scenery can't be beat! :cheers:

Everyone keeps talking about Sedona!! I need to fly once I’m more proficient. I landed at Flagstaff and that was already a massive challenge.

Back