Last Day For Studded Tires

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
It’s today. But ice is forecast. Maybe they should change that date seeing as how weather patterns have gotten all weird lately.

Playful way to say poll. Looks like the thread got nuked.

I’m down in FL right now, everyone is running regular tires already. Must be global warming.

Playful way to say poll. Looks like the thread got nuked.

I’m down in FL right now, everyone is running regular tires already. Must be global warming.
I was surprised it lasted long enough for me to even get a reply in. That got one like and then, poof, it was gone. It lasted about 30 minutes.,

a thread got nuked that quickly?

(I'm not looking to rehash the stuff that got the thread deleted...)

Wait? Studded tires are legal?
Last day for studded tires in Michigan was back in the '70s or '80s

Yup, legal here in Maine. I forget the timeframe, I never use them anyway. They annoy the everloving crap outta me. A decent set of snow or all-terrain tires has never let me down. Along with not driving like a d-bag in bad conditions.

I've never liked the use of studded tires. I would love to see them banned here in WA. I cringe when I hear them scraping down my street. They tear up the roads quite badly and are not more effective than winter radials. Some of I-5 is deeply wheel-rutted due to studded tires. Occasionally, I've seen cars get tossed around from wheel ruts.

https://pavementinteractive.org/reference-desk/design/design-parameters/studded-tire-information/

In WA studded tires are legal 01 Nov to 31 March. Through the many years, I have noticed a reduction in their use.

April 15 I think is the last day in Juneau. I never used them, some folks swear by them.

I’d think studded tires ‘save lives’, fresh ones should be better than a set of Blizzacks. I’ve never use them though, I think the use of such has gone down. They seem fairly common around Anchorage in the Winter.

That all said, I can’t see giving out a ticket within days of the deadline, especially with snowy & icy roads.

I've never liked the use of studded tires. I would love to see them banned here in WA. I cringe when I hear them scraping down my street. They tear up the roads quite badly and are not more effective than winter radials. Some of I-5 is deeply wheel-rutted due to studded tires. Occasionally, I've seen cars get tossed around from wheel ruts.[/QUOTE

No argument from me. I have never used them, and I learned to drive (over 50 years ago) in Pullman, so I've seen my share of snow on roads.

I've never liked the use of studded tires.
I have tried the studs. On hard packed snow or ice they are great. On bare pavement, I find the studs skid a little bit around corners and I do not like them.
Non-studded snow tires are what I prefer during winter as it seems a good balance for both hard packed snow and the bare pavement. In my region, bare pavement is the more typical during winter.

I just took my snow tires off. Pretty sure we are done with snow for the season. Turned out to be a very light snow year in our region.

They seem like a great way to move the jankiest garbo tire inventory -- add studs, now they're a premium product for $100 apiece. Nevermind that the brand on the sidewall is unpronounceable gibberish.

Nothing can make me want to be near that constant chk-chk-chk-chk noise again. We lived about 1/2mi from an arterial highway in portland and you could hear the cacophony, loud, from the porch.

339766257_1621892461556529_598739148651416942_n.jpg

Back