Las Vegas Hangars

LevelWing

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LevelWing
How's the hangar situation in Las Vegas? I may be spending some time there and would like to have a hangar. I've been spoiled where I'm at now, which I suspect won't be the case in Las Vegas. North Las Vegas (KVGT) is where I'm looking at, specifically.

Any other information about Las Vegas that's helpful to know, aviation wise?

I would think that KVGT would be your best bet. I'd call the airports/FBOs and ask them directly.

It's a bit farther to drive, but look at Henderson. Easier to get in or out of (by air) but you pay for it a bit in drive time.
Note: Former Summerlin resident
Trivia: Summerlin was named after Howard Hughes' mother.

VGT has T and large hangars for sale and to rent, contact the airport. Henderson is under a Bravo shelf the same as VGT...but Henderson is an exec airport and is much more formal than VGT. VGT is a pilots airport.

Anybody happen to know the price ranges for T-Hangars at either KVGT or Henderson?

Many hangers at VGT are not owned by the County (FBO). There is a clip board in the airport pilots lounge that lists items (planes, hangers) for sale or rent by the private owners. That is your best bet.

In Clark County, the County Dept of Aviation is the FBO, maintains the transient ramp, rents out shade hangars, provides the fuel service. But most of the true hangars are owned by individuals that pay a land lease to the CCDoA, and property taxes on the value of their hangars.

The internet says $500-$700 as of 2014, trending towards the latter. Word of mouth stuff mostly, military gets some negotiating power due to the nellis/creech contingent leasing to each other there. Pricey, but I think you knew that going in. Good luck.

700 in vegas sounds prettty reasonable.

Back