Larago ELT mounting orientation?

asport22

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
asport22
Does anyone know whether there is a particular mounting orientation for the old Larago Electronics Mfg model LELT-1005 ELTs? There is no arrow or other indication on the unit, and I haven't been able to find any documentation or website for the company.

Thanks!

Warren

there is a particular mounting orientation for the old Larago Electronics Mfg model LELT-1005 ELTs?
FYI: If this is a "new" installation of this old ELT it can't technically be used per Part 91.

It’s not a new installation. It’s currently installed in an experimental amateur-built. The current installation is in a location in the fuselage that’s not easily accessible. I want to move it to the baggage compartment, and while I’m doing it, just checking to make sure the original builder had it pointed in the right direction.

Warren

It’s not a new installation. It’s currently installed in an experimental amateur-built. The current installation is in a location in the fuselage that’s not easily accessible. I want to move it to the baggage compartment, and while I’m doing it, just checking to make sure the original builder had it pointed in the right direction.

Warren
I would think that if it was being checked properly during the condition inspection every year, it would be evident that its orientation was correct. Put some g on it in the longitudinal direction it was mounted in and it should activate.

Back