Landing in a field

Screw tonys thread... (sorry man)

Yea we overlapped. I bet I'd recognize you from photos of that time. Maybe you are the guy who gave me my first glider ride (2-33 fall of 86)

Yea, I made an impression on Carl. In his final couple years we weren't on speaking terms sadly.
Don't think I ever flew with you, but I'm sure I towed you a few times with the PA-12. I did my Private add-on in the fall of '85 (as soon as my student loans came through ;)), but never got enough flying done to do much for rides. Got my commercial/CFIG when I was working at a gliderport in MD. Not sure photos exist of me from that time, either...I tend to avoid the front end of a camera.

Sorry to hear you and Carl didn't get along at the end...I recall Carl's world being fairly black-and-white (which is probably why we got along so well). You probably worked just a little too far into the gray areas ;)

Better cut my hair again. AND YOU NEED TO FREEKING SHAVE CAVE BOY!

Meanwhile my hair is now even longer than Leah's than it was at 6Y9. ;)

Sorry to hear you and Carl didn't get along at the end...I recall Carl's world being fairly black-and-white (which is probably why we got along so well). You probably worked just a little too far into the gray areas ;)[/quote]

It was more complex than that. I'd do anything to please him but near the end of his life he got even more ornery then ever. One way to say it is that he went from black and white to mostly black. Can't say as I blame him either since his health was really failing. He fought for every day and was ****ed about it. I would be too. I'm not the only one who got on his bad side but having worshiped the guy it was pretty hard to take.

Back