Landing 32 and 14!? What would you do?

i had 32 14 3 and 21 at my training airport and when it was like your conditions say favoring the crosswind runway of 21 a lot of planes were still landing 32 i would still do 21 and do what i liked best just let everyone know that I'm gangsta like that.

"I'm landing runway 32. I recommend you do the same."

if they refuse, maybe a quick reminder that aircraft on final have the right of way :)

"I'm landing runway 32. I recommend you do the same."

if they refuse, maybe a quick reminder that aircraft on final have the right of way :)

It's not hard to work in opposite direction traffic if everyone communicates and cooperates.

I'd go elsewhere until it got sorted out. Call me chicken****, I can stand it.

Absolutely. As a student pilot about to check ride I know my limits and where I am comfortable. I'd bail until the crowd gets out. Usually these crowded uncontrolled strips are guys flying together so let them do there thing and get down and cruise back and land where you want to land. At least what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't feel good about landing 14, land 32.

Just communicate, no biggie, "hey guys winds are favoring 32, mind switching to 32"

I've done that a few times, never had a issue.

↑↑↑↑↑
This. Done it often. I won't be badgered into landing downwind.

It's six knots. I'm not suggesting anyone do anything they're uncomfortable with, but I have seen many six knot winds that are from a different direction every time I glance at the sock. Sometimes it just creates more confusion than it's worth by trying to switch it around every five minutes. Not saying that's what happened in this situation, just in general.

Actually, I wound up trying to take off into arriving traffic just a few weeks ago. The wings were squirrely and it could have gone either way. Everyone was really cool about it, we had positive communication and situational awareness and I got out of there just fine. Still very uncomfortable, though.

Actually, I wound up trying to take off into arriving traffic just a few weeks ago. The wings were squirrely and it could have gone either way. Everyone was really cool about it, we had positive communication and situational awareness and I got out of there just fine. Still very uncomfortable, though.

Why so unendurable? Statistics show it's dissimilar types doing unexpected things and those not communicating that trigger the actual real world accident chains. You had neither and were communicating.

There's not much in the accident reports about that scenario being a root-cause problem, and the non-communicative can bite you in the butt no matter which direction you or the other communicative folks are going.

Back