Lancair or Glasair forums anywhere?

az350x

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Anyone know of any where owners of those types congregate? I'm hoping to be in the market soon for an uber-efficient cross-country machine for commuting. Looking for 50k or less, and hoping to get as close to 30 mpg as possible. Been eyeing Lancair 320 and Glasair 1 RG. Can't seem to find a real community of either online though.

Thanks!

Lancair Mailing List was one that I was on a few years ago. Don't know if it's still around.

I found LOBO (Lancair Owners and Builders Organization), but their forum IIRC seemed DEAD.

Glassir.org. It is abysmal. It isn't for lack of interest from a community I am sure,, but the forum software they use seems like it was built in the 80s. I have a mind to just launch a new glasair forum and put it on a modern platform. Content hasn't been updated on the general site since 2012. People do post stuff though on occasion.

Try forums.matronics.com for both.

Anyone know of any where owners of those types congregate? I'm hoping to be in the market soon for an uber-efficient cross-country machine for commuting. Looking for 50k or less, and hoping to get as close to 30 mpg as possible. Been eyeing Lancair 320 and Glasair 1 RG. Can't seem to find a real community of either online though.

Thanks!

http://glasair.org/
I don't know about lancair but here is a glasair forum.

Glassir.org. It is abysmal. It isn't for lack of interest from a community I am sure,, but the forum software they use seems like it was built in the 80s. I have a mind to just launch a new glasair forum and put it on a modern platform. Content hasn't been updated on the general site since 2012. People do post stuff though on occasion.

I would love that! The owner of the glasair forum just isn't interested in updating or improving it. I have actually asked him to allow Stargate, the glastar sportsman forum owner to take it over and combine it with that forum and he steadfastly ignores my polite emails without even responding. I know he put his heart and soul into the glasair community for years but the time has passed and now I feel he is hurting the community by not giving it up. The archives are important to builders so a new forum is at a dissadvantage.

I would love that! The owner of the glasair forum just isn't interested in updating or improving it. I have actually asked him to allow Stargate, the glastar sportsman forum owner to take it over and combine it with that forum and he steadfastly ignores my polite emails without even responding. I know he put his heart and soul into the glasair community for years but the time has passed and now I feel he is hurting the community by not giving it up. The archives are important to builders so a new forum is at a dissadvantage.

That would be a non-issue. You can just screen scrape the archives. Maybe I should look into it. I will PM you.

I just found out that the owner of Glasair.org is loosing a battle with cancer. That would explain why he has not been keeping the forum up.

Thanks all for the feedback. The ideas to start something new sound promising- I'd love to see a forum for the "plastic" plane group, personally. A little variety (make/model) would be neat; would likely attract more builders, etc. and owners/builders could share the common build issues that aren't specific to one model. Maybe? Plasticplanes.com? Lol

I should mention that even though I suggested the above, I have zero ability to do such a thing. If anyone decided to do it though, I'd love to join!

Thanks!

Have you looked at Arion Lightning?

I should mention that even though I suggested the above, I have zero ability to do such a thing. If anyone decided to do it though, I'd love to join!

I'd sign up for too. Maybe all the Glasair builders are too busy building to participate?

I'm a member of Glasair.org as well. Lots of information there to be searched from the past but not much happening lately. I wish someone would do something to update it before everyone loses interest.

I'm a member of Glasair.org as well. Lots of information there to be searched from the past but not much happening lately. I wish someone would do something to update it before everyone loses interest.

As I mentioned above, the owner of glasair.org is not well. I am hoping that the forums can be added to stargate, the glastar/sportsman forums. Same family history in the aircraft linkage. The owner of that forum is willing to take it on but we need to get the glasair.org owner involved and he is very sick.

Have you looked at Arion Lightning?

I'd never heard of it, until you mentioned it. I checked it out. Looks nice, but is a little slower than I'm looking for. I'd like a bit more performance all around. And either RG or taildragger configuration most likely.

Thanks for the tip though!

Back