Lake Geneva / Burlington, WI (KBUU)

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
Once a year I go on a fun bicycle ride around Lake Geneva in Wisconsin. There is a privately-owned airport called "Grand Geneva Resort" (C02), but I found nearby Burlington (KBUU) to be a great airport for this yearly weekend trip.

Why, and how I fly there with my bicycle in the Bonanza, I talk about in this video.

- Martin

I gotta jump in, enjoyed the video. I was almost looking for myself, but I was in MI that weekend.

I’m based at BUU, then you hit some familiar haunts, Village Tap, White River Trail, Champs, Pier 290, then Mars. I guess the wind on your arrival thinned out the pattern at Burlington.

Looks like you didn’t need any ride to Lake Geneva.

Been there a number of times.

I guess the wind on your arrival thinned out the pattern at Burlington.
Oh yes. The airport was dead on Friday - actually, on Sunday, too. But Friday, the wind was hauling, and the landing looked better on the GoPro than it felt in the cockpit. :oops:

I like those placed you mentioned around the lake. Makes me want to come out to Lake Geneva more often.

- Martin

Flew there once from Springfield Vermont. Had a non pilot passenger who flew the vast majority of the way. I just circled up above the hills and gave him control. He knew right where he was, knew all the landmarks, and navigated by just looking out the window. I didn't take control again until short final. Burlington's a great town too, we had a blast.

There isnt much in the way of hills around Burlington, WISCONSIN.

Flew there once from Springfield Vermont. Had a non pilot passenger who flew the vast majority of the way. I just circled up above the hills and gave him control. He knew right where he was, knew all the landmarks, and navigated by just looking out the window. I didn't take control again until short final. Burlington's a great town too, we had a blast.
KBUU is Burlington WI, not Burlington VT ;)

Back