Lake Amphibian Available

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
An acquaintance has a 1980 Lake 4-200 that he is ready to part with. He is the original and only owner. He rates it 9 plus interior and exterior and is thinking in terms of about $100K. I know him to be intensely involved in the care and maintenance of the plane. He insists on fueling it himself. We bring the truck and unreel the hose. Mechanics hate to see the plane come in for annual because he drives them nuts.

I'll provide contact information to interested parties. Send me a private message.

Yeah, he can think in terms of $100k, but he'll have it a long, long time(no offense). I've kept a close eye on prices of the various Lake models. The price of the 200 are around 50-70k depending on year and condition. I'll give him my Bonanza and a few bucks if his has all the ADs up to date.

Yeah, wow, 100K? That is a lot, even if it's got excellent updated avionics, low times, and no corrosion. But then, even now there are buyers willing to pay good money for excellent airplanes. I just sold my Lance for a very strong price.

So Ken what's your next airplane gonna be?????

Lake's are weird ducks (literally) but they are cool for what you can do with them. I don't know enough about them more than knowing not to touch one.

Back