KX 170 B

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Would you repair one if it is known bad nav side, head is good it receives and talks OK but won't drive the head, wiring checks good with a known good radio.

$300 flat rate repairs... Why not? you'll be looking at 5-10 times that for a KX155 (or similar) to replace it.

Unless you need the digitalness, why not?

I would think a good working used KX170B is appx the same as the $300 repair.

I love mine. Cast Iron mofos that never stop working.

That's not to say that I don't covet when I walk through Aircraft Spruce's avionics shop at CNO. That's when I start telling myself about the resale impact of a GTN750 on my airframe.... sigh.

I would think a good working used KX170B is appx the same as the $300 repair.

I love mine. Cast Iron mofos that never stop working.

That's not to say that I don't covet when I walk through Aircraft Spruce's avionics shop at CNO. That's when I start telling myself about the resale impact of a GTN750 on my airframe.... sigh.

The decent ones look to be getting 400ish on eBay.

you could just trade with this guy for 200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=270881974152#ht_1039wt_1397

Sounds like an easy fix check with Avionics shop for a price.

I have the MAC1700 in my airplane, which is the digital conversion of a KX170B. Absolutely bulletproof. I also have a newer/more costly NAV/COM, but I use the MAC exclusively. If you can find one, worth the money. I keep the KX170B that I took out as a slide in replacement if needed.

I have the MAC1700 in my airplane, which is the digital conversion of a KX170B. Absolutely bulletproof. I also have a newer/more costly NAV/COM, but I use the MAC exclusively. If you can find one, worth the money. I keep the KX170B that I took out as a slide in replacement if needed.

Mac = too much money for this customer.

Back