KX-155 volume .....failing

swingwing

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Swingwing
Been having problems with my kx155 nav/com. Com has been getting quieter. Nav side seems to work fine but I get a lot of static when identifying the station. Today with the volume all the way up I missed a radio call on departure it was soft and garbled. I'm going to call my avionics shop tomorrow. Anyone have any idea what may be failing? My Narco #2 nav/com works fine therefore I eliminated the intercom and headset as the problem.

Been having problems with my kx155 nav/com. Com has been getting quieter. Nav side seems to work fine but I get a lot of static when identifying the station. Today with the volume all the way up I missed a radio call on departure it was soft and garbled. I'm going to call my avionics shop tomorrow. Anyone have any idea what may be failing? My Narco #2 nav/com works fine therefore I eliminated the intercom and headset as the problem.

Since NO ONE has even tried, I'll give it a shot.

#1 have you re-racked the radio? While you have it out inpect all the connectors on the radio and look at the back of the rack for any obvious signs of corrosion.

If no change

#2 do you have two com antennas and can you swap the connectors between the two (put com #1 on the #2 antenna etc)? Also inspect around the antennas bases for obvious signs of corrosion.

#3 can you borrow a friend's KX155 for an hour and swap them out? If you still have the problem, it's an installation issue. If the problem goes away, your radio needs to be serviced.

Also, find the ground for the radio and see it its clean and tight.

Back