Kudos to United

Goofy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Goofy
Thought I'd never say that.....! Connecting through ORD a couple weeks ago my flight to SFO was delayed almost three hours, that I know of. I would miss my train connection to get home until the next day. Got in line at the desk for customer service while calling their phone line.
On the phone I was rerouted directly to Sac at no charge on a flight leaving about the same time. With 20"+ shoulders several hours in a middle seat is just not in the cards any time so I checked my United App and found only aisle and window seats at extra charge. They said they would waive the extra charge - yahoo! But they couldn't get me a seat on the phone. The desk couldn't either and had to wait for the gate to open.
Watching the seats disappear on the App while waiting for the gate to open I just bought one for $110 hoping for relief later - sure..... Then I saw one seat left in First for $200 and took that, again hoping to get the other charge removed. Flew home in comfort, thought late and easy ride home from Sac with a buddy.
Told this whole story to United. Asked for credit for the $110 for what they offered in the first place and remove the first charge. They removed the first upgrade charge and gave me $150 credit for the hassle! Am most pleased with this. They are trying better than many, including me, have given them credit for and deserve, at least, my kudos. Thank you United, I'll be back.

Good deal..!!! Never hurts to ask.

I have found that when I act civilized and speak in normal conversational tones I get treated much better. I also dress in business attire when I travel.

I have a good UAL story too. Outbound to Beijing 2 weeks back, I got a text the night before that there was no plane from KLNK to KORD (weather in KORD). They automatically rerouted me via KDEN --> KSFO -->ZBAA - it just happened, nothing needed done on my part.

I've had many good experiences with UA. The airline business is challenging on a good day... easy to nit pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal..!!! Never hurts to ask.

I have found that when I act civilized and speak in normal conversational tones I get treated much better. I also dress in business attire when I travel.
+1. If you act like a clown, be prepared to treated like a clown. The things that passengers say to our FAs and gate agents are appalling.

Always nice to hear some good stories. Lord knows we can use them.

Last week I had a lady pull me aside as she was stepping off the airplane, and she said, "I fly all over the world on every airline imaginable, and I just wanted to say that this was one of the best flights I've had."

Now I can't control the weather (it was smooth for just about the entire five hours) and it's luck more than anything that all four FAs in the back were rock stars, but it's still nice to hear these days.

Always nice to hear some good stories. Lord knows we can use them.

Last week I had a lady pull me aside as she was stepping off the airplane, and she said, "I fly all over the world on every airline imaginable, and I just wanted to say that this was one of the best flights I've had."

Now I can't control the weather (it was smooth for just about the entire five hours) and it's luck more than anything that all four FAs in the back were rock stars, but it's still nice to hear these days.

Something like that just makes my day.!! :)

Back