Kudos to Lightspeed for incredible service

onwards

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
onwards
I bought my new Lightspeed Zulu 2 last Thanksgiving (with the $50 off promotion). It's a great headset, and I've certainly enjoyed it thus far.

Well, a couple weeks back I lost the little foam piece that covers the mic. I guess it just slipped off in the cockpit, and I couldn't find it again. Thing is, I didn't even know what to call it, let alone where to order one.

So I went to their site and started looking at the product page. I STILL couldn't figure it out, because the images are basically tiny thumbnails. So I opened a trouble ticket asking what SKU I should be ordering from the site to replace the lost piece.

Next thing I know, I get the following email from Jan at CS:

"I received your service/information request. I'll send you a wind screen at no charge this time and if you need to order in the future, the part number you need is A139. You might want to get an O ring or small rubberband to keep it in place.

Thanks and let me know if I can be of any further help."

And indeed, I received a package with not one, but TWO of these things a couple days ago.

Kudos to Lightspeed. Great product, and as I now know, it is also backed by great support.

Agree 100%, they are the best! :yesnod:

You'd think they'd just start putting an O-ring on them themselves, if they already know what the engineering problem is.

I'm not particularly overjoyed with my Lightspeed Sierras so far. I know the Zulu is built better but that's not a good reason to build a cheaper sub-par version that won't stand up to a weekend warrior's use.

The mic windscreen pops off constantly. The Lightspeed logo thing on top of the headband has popped out three times now taking the things off my head. And the little windscreen in the top of the earcup was missing on one side brand new out of the box, which warranted it being shipped in for repair the week after I bought them.

I may just be way too used to the indestructible David Clark products I've been using since 1991.

The Lightspeeds are babied compared to how I treaty set of Sony Studio monitor pro headsets which are significantly smaller and lighter, and the Sonys are over ten years old now, and yet things are popping off the Lightspeeds regularly.

Someone who likes them may get a generous deal on them here soon.

My original Zulus have about 2,000 hours on them. They are awesome. Had to send them in a couple times just because of the abuse I put them through. They always take care of me even when its been out of warranty.

You'd think they'd just start putting an O-ring on them themselves, if they already know what the engineering problem is.

I'm not particularly overjoyed with my Lightspeed Sierras so far. I know the Zulu is built better but that's not a good reason to build a cheaper sub-par version that won't stand up to a weekend warrior's use.

The mic windscreen pops off constantly. The Lightspeed logo thing on top of the headband has popped out three times now taking the things off my head. And the little windscreen in the top of the earcup was missing on one side brand new out of the box, which warranted it being shipped in for repair the week after I bought them.

I may just be way too used to the indestructible David Clark products I've been using since 1991.

The Lightspeeds are babied compared to how I treaty set of Sony Studio monitor pro headsets which are significantly smaller and lighter, and the Sonys are over ten years old now, and yet things are popping off the Lightspeeds regularly.

Someone who likes them may get a generous deal on them here soon.

Must be the density altitude.

We just got one of their headsets and damn is it the cat's meow. Picked up a problem on the way to Florida, and they promised to fix it for free. Goes back this week.

I've had Lightspeeds (4 sets), and had them repaired. Lightspeed is good with repairs. I think that's because they have a lot of practice. :(

I now use Bose.

Or that the Sierra's are a vastly cheap substitute for Zulus made of mostly plastic. I'm trying to decide.

I've got a pair of each, yeah, the Sierras are plastic and cheaper, but they still work just fine, they stay in my plane. My Zulus stay with me, they're more rugged and work fine as well. I haven't had parts pop off of either yet, but then I'm not fussy about cosmetic details and I rubber banded my mic windscreen.

I've had Lightspeeds (4 sets), and had them repaired. Lightspeed is good with repairs. I think that's because they have a lot of practice. :(

I now use Bose.

Are you talking about Zulus? The older Lightspeeds were high mx but they have really improved quality with the Zulus.

I have 20-3G's in my plane and other then a couple of minor repairs over a 10 year period, which I might add Lightspeed fixed for no charge, I am totally satisfied with them... The clamping force is not too light nor too firm... The ANR really works great, but the icing on the cake is the cell phone interface.... That option is by far the main reason I love my Lightspeeds.:yesnod::yesnod:

Are you talking about Zulus? The older Lightspeeds were high mx but they have really improved quality with the Zulus.

The old ones. Not Zulus.

I eventually threw away two Lightspeed ANR headsets. Glad to hear that the Zulus are better.

Ya there is a stigma about their old headsets thats for sure. They have cleaned up their act 10 fold.

I'm starting to wonder if there's a pilot here who HASN'T had to send their Lightspeed in for repairs, ever.

I've had a pair of 20-3G for 10 years and have never had a problem with them. Bought a pair of Zulu-2s last year at Osh and love them.

Back