KTUP- Tupelo, MS

Discussion in 'Cool Places to Fly' started by cowman, Sep 24, 2017.

1. cowman

cowman En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cowman
    Just wanted to give a shout-out to this nice little airport we stopped at to and from New Orleans. On our way down we were delayed overnight for weather. The FBO gave us a crew car to go get lunch- they have a place there called the Neon Pig that makes an amazing thing called a "smash burger". After we determined it wasn't going to be a short delay they set us up with a rental car and hotel room. Everyone was very helpful and courteous. They have FREE ICE CREAM as well.

If you're into Elvis his birthplace and a museum are there. We didn't see a lot of the town but it seemed like a really nice place with friendly people. Worth a stop, definitely a good place to get stuck in overnight.

2. simtech

simtech Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Simtech
    Man should have let us known. @ktup-flyer and I could have likely met up with you. Yeah neon pig is pretty good.

3. cowman

cowman En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cowman
    If I'm ever down that way again I'll try to remember that, hadn't planned on stopping for more than a refuel on the way down and then on they way back we had to move quick to beat the weather developing further north.

4. ktup-flyer

ktup-flyer Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    ktup-flyer
    Yea man, I literally live 10 mins from the airport. Hit us up next time!