KSNA missed approach...

dtvonly

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
dtvonly
Hi. per KSNA ILS plate, the (primary) missed approach is 10.9 DME from I-SNA, intersecting lax 113.6 at MINOE. My question is...is this a right pattern on 111.75 or right holding pattern on 113.6? I don't know the holding pattern once I get to MINOE. thanks. The alternate missed approach at SLI is easy.

Oops... miss-read the question. I think Cooter has your answer.

Last edited:
Hi. per KSNA ILS plate, the (primary) missed approach is 10.9 DME from I-SNA, intersecting lax 113.6 at MINOE. My question is...is this a right pattern on 111.75 or right holding pattern on 113.6? I don't know the holding pattern once I get to MINOE. thanks. The alternate missed approach at SLI is easy.

I believe the inbound course will be 196°, R turns. 113.6 aids in identifying the intersection.

There is no missed approach holding pattern depicted on that ILS. Note that the missed approach instructions do not say "and hold". Therefore, there is no missed approach holding. This situation is not unique.

Odd there's not a pattern depicted, there usually is. Absent any instructions from ATC, if I decided to hold there it would be on the South Course of I-SNA, right turns, one minute legs.

There is no missed approach holding pattern depicted on that ILS. Note that the missed approach instructions do not say "and hold". Therefore, there is no missed approach holding. This situation is not unique.

I think Russ wins it. I wouldn't expect to be holding at all at MINOE at all. In all reality, I would expect a new vector from ATC before ever getting to that point.

I think Russ wins it. I wouldn't expect to be holding at all at MINOE at all. In all reality, I would expect a new vector from ATC before ever getting to that point.
Yeah. If I went NORDO and they weren't around to vector me I don't think I would hang out there at MINOE. I'd most likely fly right on past it and go on with plan B what ever that was.

Odd there's not a pattern depicted, there usually is. Absent any instructions from ATC, if I decided to hold there it would be on the South Course of I-SNA, right turns, one minute legs.

Abscent holding instructions, why would you decide to hold there?

Abscent holding instructions, why would you decide to hold there?
I don't think I would. I was just answering the original question where the OP asked if you would do it on the localizer or the LAX123r.

Back