Krokodil (flesh eating heroin substitute)

No Joy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
No Joy
More reasons not to do illicit drugs. More reasons that law enforcement, judicial system, and penal system should crack down harder, on hard-core drug use and dealers that deal hard-core drugs.

Some of the following content is graphic and disturbing, though it is mild compared to the damage that this drug does. Illicit drugs, particularly drugs like this are very dangerous. Some of this graphic content should serve as a deterrent.

Krokodil Invades US: Flesh Eating Drug Sold as Heroin [GRAPHIC PHOTOS]
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/513214/20131011/krokodil-five-cases-flesh-eating-drug-chicago.htm

Our government the DEA is dangerously in denial.

“We, the DEA, are not seeing cases of it,” agency spokeswoman Dawn Dearden told FoxNews.com. “Nothing’s been turned into any of our labs. As far as the DEA is concerned, we have not seen any cases.”

DEA still dubious despite fresh report of nightmare drug Krokodil surfacing in Illinois
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/1...-report-nightmare-drug-krokodil-surfacing-in/

Flesh-Eating Drug Makes Appearance In Joliet
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/health/Flesh-Eating-Drug-Makes-Appearance-In-Joliet-227124291.html

The World’s Most Horrifying Drug Is Already Spreading Rapidly Across the United States
Russia's "krokodil" drug has shown up in Utah and Arizona and has now made its way to Chicago.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/10/10...y-spreading-rapidly-across-the-united-states/

Flesh Eating Drug Popping Up Around U.S.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/10/10/flesh-eating-drug-popping-up-around-u-s/

Last edited:
Or just make the regular stuff legal. If flesh eating consequences aren't going to stop people from doing drugs it is silly to think cops with machine guns will.

Stupid is as stupid does - and the Darwin effect is very real.

I say remove all warning labels from all products, let people do whatever they think is OK, and congratulate the survivors.

Do you want a crack down on drugs or do you want to reign in the police?

Time to just make everything legal and sell it OTC at liquor stores with a nice tax on it. We'll all be way better off as a society.

Or just make the regular stuff legal. If flesh eating consequences aren't going to stop people from doing drugs it is silly to think cops with machine guns will.

Yeah, pretty much.

If y'all want to try this stuff ou be my guest. I certainly don't want to pay the police to get between you and a Darwin Award.

Seems to me that if people actually WANT to use flesh eating drugs, that will quickly turn into a self correcting problem.

Seems to me that if people actually WANT to use flesh eating drugs, that will quickly turn into a self correcting problem.

Not quickly lol, it's still expanding in Russia 3 years down the road. All heavy drug abuse is a self correcting problem, that's why societally it would be better to legalize it and tax it removing the crime element and all the societal, including monetary, costs.

Not quickly lol, it's still expanding in Russia 3 years down the road. All heavy drug abuse is a self correcting problem, that's why societally it would be better to legalize it and tax it removing the crime element and all the societal, including monetary, costs.

Did you ever read the Bio of a Space Tyrant series by Piers Anthony?

That is mostly truth. However allegedly several thought they were getting heroine or some other drug. Allegedly many didn't know that the drugs that they were buying were Krokodil.

That is mostly truth. However allegedly several thought they were getting heroine or some other drug. Allegedly many didn't know that the drugs that they were buying were Krokodil.

It's not the drug that eats the flesh, the drug is codeine. It's the preparation using acids and hydrocarbon solvents that they dissolve and inject that causes the gangrenous legions. They know what they are shooting, junkies seek out the dope that others OD on.

They know what they are shooting, junkies seek out the dope that others OD on.
Yet again your opinion is contrary to facts.

Many of the drug addicts thought they were buying heroin or some other common street drug. Krokodil is still new to the United States, so many drug addicts don't even know about it. Illicit drugs, it's not like buying drugs at pharmacies. Doing illicit drugs is like playing Russian roulette, because the ingredients and strengths are unknown and unreliable. Drug dealers are not reputable people. Most drug addicts are far from rocket scientists.

Krokodil users thought they were buying heroin
http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/11/4828990/krokodil-users-thought-they-were-buying-heroin

Yet again your opinion is contrary to facts.

Many of the drug addicts thought they were buying heroin or some other common street drug. Krokodil is still new to the United States, so many drug addicts don't even know about it. Illicit drugs, it's not like buying drugs at pharmacies. Doing illicit drugs is like playing Russian roulette, because the ingredients and strengths are unknown and unreliable. Drug dealers are not reputable people. Most drug addicts are far from rocket scientists.

Krokodil users thought they were buying heroin
http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/11/4828990/krokodil-users-thought-they-were-buying-heroin

He is spot on with junkies wanting the stuff that folks OD on.

But as you say dealers aren't reputable businessmen (well I imagine some are but I digress) as an example I know some weed has been turning up recently around here laced with heroin. That would freak me right out were I a smoker of said herb

But as you say dealers aren't reputable businessmen (well I imagine some are but I digress) as an example I know some weed has been turning up recently around here laced with heroin. That would freak me right out were I a smoker of said herb

Hmmm, smoking smack and being freaked out? probably not at the same time anyway....more like "wow" and "I'm sleepy and hungry but it's too much effort to eat or sleep"

You aren't going to get heroin in your weed unless you pay extra for it...:no:

I can't feel too bad if someone 'thought they were getting heroine'.

If that's the object, they're going to tell you there's H in the weed.

Naw, "here's some new stuff, I got more if you like it"

You've finally convinced me that you have never taken drugs.

Last edited:
I know some weed has been turning up recently around here laced with heroin. That would freak me right out were I a smoker of said herb
That's nothing new. With illicit drugs, you never know what you're getting. Drugs are frequently smuggled in body cavities, gasoline tanks, chemical tanks, etc. People do bizarre things to drugs to try to enhance the effects. People do very dangerous chemicals and herbs trying to get high. Marijuana is sometimes buried with rotting food, to try to get ergot to grow on the marijuana. Ergot can be poisonous that supposedly under the right conditions it can be a hallucinogen. Ergot can also kill by inducing an allergic reaction. Ergot can be used to make LSD. Sometimes marijuana is laced with so-called embalming fluids, that can intensify a high, induced brain damage, and mental illness.

I wouldn't even trust the marijuana from so-called medicinal marijuana dispensaries. Even marijuana from dispensaries can have insecticides, herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides, etc.

That's nothing new. With illicit drugs, you never know what you're getting. Drugs are frequently smuggled in body cavities, gasoline tanks, chemical tanks, etc. People do bizarre things to drugs to try to enhance the effects. People do very dangerous chemicals and herbs trying to get high. Marijuana is sometimes buried with rotting food, to try to get ergot to grow on the marijuana. Ergot can be poisonous that supposedly under the right conditions it can be a hallucinogen. Ergot can also kill by inducing an allergic reaction. Ergot can be used to make LSD. Sometimes marijuana is laced with so-called embalming fluids, that can intensify a high, induced brain damage, and mental illness.

I wouldn't even trust the marijuana from so-called medicinal marijuana dispensaries. Even marijuana from dispensaries can have insecticides, herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides, etc.

yer funny- don't let the paranoids get to you!

Just look at the meth area if you want to see how little addicts care about the source of their product. If shooting yourself up with drano and road flares seems attractive, the theoretical risk of getting some crap from russia is rather remote.

If that's the object, they're going to tell you there's H in the weed.
So you think pharmacists are selling street drugs? Face it, the typical person selling street drugs isn't a scientist. Pushers aren't exactly intelligent or reputable.

So you think pharmacists are selling street drugs? Face it, the typical person selling street drugs isn't a scientist. Pushers aren't exactly intelligent or reputable.

Reputable they are not. They are certainly talented at marketing.

They know better than to give away $40 of H with $20 of weed lol.

BTW, nobody sprays pesticides on weed except the government, there's no need, you just have to keep the animals from eating it. Most weed you find at the medicinal shops are indoor grown.

Last edited:
Both of you are off base, because what you say is mostly untrue.

If most junkies knew what Krokodil can do, most junkies would probably steer clear of Krokodil.

I deal with these folks almost daily in the ER. I'm constantly amazed at some of the moronic things they try. It's really pretty sad, not to mention a significant burden on resources. One issue (aside from weed I guess) is that most of the drugs have been cut with god knows what from dealer to dealer to increased the volume. Not the best thing for injecting in the old veins.
I will say that heroin use sure seems to be on the rise lately, at least in my neck of the woods.

They know better than to give away $40 of H with $20 of weed lol.
Who says they're giving it away?

BTW, nobody sprays pesticides on weed except the government, there's no need, you just have to keep the animals from eating it. Most weed you find at the medicinal shops are indoor grown.
Wrong. Almost all stoners claim they don't use any chemicals, but they almost all do. Actually growing indoors can increase the need to use chemicals.

Who says they're giving it away?

Wrong. Almost all stoners claim they don't use any chemicals, but they almost all do. Actually growing indoors can increase the need to use chemicals.

If they're not giving it away, and they're not telling anyone there's H in the weed, who in the **** is going to pay $60 for $20 worth of weed?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Yer funny! Hemp grows anywhere. I used to work with a guy we called "Johnny pot seed".

If they're not giving it away, and they're not telling anyone there's H in the weed, who in the **** is going to pay $60 for $20 worth of weed?
How do you know how much weed costs? :rolleyes2:

Don't you think drug addicts would be willing to pay more for weed that gets them higher?

Many people that are not willing to do hard-core drugs, do marijuana. Pushers marketing marijuana without revealing that it is laced, is likely to appeal to a larger market. It's also likely to get more people addicted to harder core drugs, which is going to be more lucrative for dealers.

NJ, you aren't a member of the Rolling Stones, are you? :)

Thanks for the info, Keith.

The ghost stories about 'laced weed' is what we were told 30 years ago. It hasn't gotten any truer in the years since.

If most junkies knew what Krokodil can do, most junkies would probably steer clear of Krokodil.

If they hear that it can get them high, they will drive 200 miles in a stolen car to get some of it.

How do you know how much weed costs? :rolleyes2:

Don't you think drug addicts would be willing to pay more for weed that gets them higher?

Many people that are not willing to do hard-core drugs, do marijuana. Pushers marketing marijuana without revealing that it is laced, is likely to appeal to a larger market. It's also likely to get more people addicted to harder core drugs, which is going to be more lucrative for dealers.

Pot smokers who don't know that their weed is laced with H are going to smoke it, puke their guts up, feel sick and sleep. They will not buy that weed again.

Back