Krokodil (flesh eating heroin substitute)

So what is wrong with people getting high? We fly stuff(at personal risk to ourselves and people on the ground) for dopamine release. Other people sit on their couches and smoke plants for the same effect. What is the difference? Other then the legal aspects and some(debatable) minor personal harm to themselves. Us 'healthy' clean pilots are absorbing tetraethyllead with every pre-flight and exhausting it over the playgrounds of America. Healthwise I'd choose pot exposure over TEL exposure. If the right to pursue happiness includes flying it should also include getting high. Dude.

Not all drug use is the same. There is a big moral difference between different types of drug use. Unfortunately many people are very ignorant and indiscriminate with their agendas.

There is a big difference between:

1. Using drugs legitimately medically; to legitimately treat a medical condition (like pain).
  2. Maintaining an addiction.
  3. Using drugs recreationally to get high.

My argument is that all of the above are mere symptoms of pain. There are many types of pain, physical, emotional, psychological, etc. and they all cause us discomfort. Some girl that was abused all during her childhood is in pain and needs help. If we as a society can provide a path to relief, she will find some on her own. It's easy to label people like this a crack whore that needs to be locked up for the rest of her life, but what does this say about us?

So what is wrong with people getting high? We fly stuff(at personal risk to ourselves and people on the ground) for dopamine release. Other people sit on their couches and smoke plants for the same effect. What is the difference? Other then the legal aspects and some(debatable) minor personal harm to themselves. Us 'healthy' clean pilots are absorbing tetraethyllead with every pre-flight and exhausting it over the playgrounds of America. Healthwise I'd choose pot exposure over TEL exposure. If the right to pursue happiness includes flying it should also include getting high. Dude.

For once I'm with you,

Get high and sit on your sofa, no harm
Get high and drive, go to jail for OVI
Get high and cause accident, go to jail for the result of the accident
Steal to get high, go to jail for theft.
(This is how we treat alcohol)

The act of you getting high doesn't hurt me, my family or my neighbors. It can hurt you, but I don't feel it is my place to baby sit you.

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Doctors say a flesh-eating homemade drug popular in Russia has reached St. Louis.

The drug is known as krokodil. It reportedly produces a high similar to heroin but is more addictive.

Doctors at St. Mary's Health Center say they have treated a patient with severe leg sores caused by use of the drug, which can turn the skin into a green and scaly texture when injected. Eventually, the drug can cause the skin to rot and cause damage to tissues and bones.

Krokodil is made by cooking prescription painkillers with gasoline, paint thinner, lighter fluid or similar items. Confirming use of the drug is difficult because there is no diagnostic test.

May I suggest flicking a Bic next to them and seeing if they explode?

Back