KPRC 5/29/18: "Single-nose" Malibu down

*sigh* out of fuel....glad they're alive though.

Apparently exceeded the allowable limit of air in the fuel tanks.
Yikes!
I wonder when the FAA will finally catch on and start mandating new gauges for cockpits, gauges that measure amount of air in tanks. They should put a big red mark on each gauge, maybe with a letter E to remind you that once the needle reaches that red mark and letter E, you will need to declare an emergency. We have the technology, why isn't the FAA doing anything about it??

Btw, I agree, "journalism" at its best. But I learned a long time ago not to expect much from Fox. :)

Yikes!
I wonder when the FAA will finally catch on and start mandating new gauges for cockpits, gauges that measure amount of air in tanks. They should put a big red mark on each gauge, maybe with a letter E to remind you that once the needle reaches that red mark and letter E, you will need to declare an emergency. We have the technology, why isn't the FAA doing anything about it??

If measuring the air in the tank I would think we would want a letter "F" indication when its time to declare an emergency. ;)

Two-nose aircraft:
overhead-view-of-the-twin-fuselage-composite-plane-named-eve-as-picture-id566066041

Reading comprehension appears to be down tonight . . . .

This is what I just read in the much-abused article: "small Malibu Piper single nose-prop aircraft," not "single-nose aircraft." Granted, they did get Piper and Malibu switched around.

Reading comprehension appears to be down tonight . . . .

This is what I just read in the much-abused article: "small Malibu Piper single nose-prop aircraft," not "single-nose aircraft." Granted, they did get Piper and Malibu switched around.

You're looking at the later, corrected version. Here's a screenshot from earlier in the day: "... Malibu Piper single-nose aircraft ... "

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.54.34 AM.png

You're looking at the later, corrected version. Here's a screenshot from earlier in the day: "... Malibu Piper single-nose aircraft ... "

View attachment 63610

It’s always comforting to know the news can change from minute to minute. Shouldn’t ever be any problem with that.

News version 2.7 will download and install in ten more minutes. :)

It’s always comforting to know the news can change from minute to minute. Shouldn’t ever be any problem with that.

News version 2.7 will download and install in ten more minutes. :)

Is old proverb from Soviet Russia ... the future is certain; it's the past that keeps changing.

It’s all caused by their rabid desire to get that first draft of history published before anyone else does it, facts and accuracy be damned.

A new meaning to the term rollover. Glad all survived.

It’s interesting reading the comments on here. Might want to make sure that a member wasn’t actually at the controls that night. You might be surprised that journalism isn’t always accurate, especially since the FAA hasn’t even begun to investigate yet.

Local scuttlebutt is that the pilot and passengers refused treatment and mysteriously disappeared from the emergency room.

Local scuttlebutt is that the pilot and passengers refused treatment and mysteriously disappeared from the emergency room.
Best course of action after a crash: make a beeline for the nearest bar and get a drink in you asap. Just one. Not more. Don't want to be drunk when asked questions, you might regret answering them. But you sure want to get that BAC going. ;)

Okay, back on topic: let's see what comes of this, very very curious now!

Back