KPHL ?

N64543

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Joe
Thinking of flying to Philadelphia to see a baseball game. Am I better off going into KPHL or one of the smaller airports with my 172?

I've been to PHL VFR and IFR a bunch of times. It's very quiet. You shouldn't have any issues.

Depends, take a look at flight aware and see how busy it's going to be, calculate off that and your comfort level, it's not too crazy of a airport.

The other option is KPNE.

I'd also look into the fees, I'm not sure exactly what they are because I don't pay them myself, but I'd guess PHL might be a bit higher than PNE

PHL and PNE both charge around $40 (atlantic aviation).

PHL is a few minutes to the stadium. PNE is 30+ minutes. Try PHL and report back.

Guess that's answers that.

Go to PHL. I've flown in a bunch of times, no problem. One of the easier bravos to fly into.

Klom wings field has been my choice when doing Philly

KPHL is no problem BUT you will most likely land on the cross runway. 9L and 9R and the 27's are for the big guys. I don't know how many times I have landed on 27R with a commuter or corporate jet just clearing the intersection when I am less than 1/2 mile out. The inbound and outbound pushes will dictate the cross runway or you will join us as number 24 for takeoff. Controllers are very good and for Yankees are pretty friendly.

PS....It's Philly...they don't know sports there...How about them Cowboys! Oh wait, we can't win either.

Back