KPHL - BUNTS2 STAR

USAF-LT-G

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
USAF-LT-G
Hey guys -

So I'm going to be heading into Philly next week from the midwest, and putting her in over at Atlantic Aviation. Seems like foreflight was saying there were other small piston aircraft filing the JST.BUNTS2 Arrival, but when I look at the plate, it clearly states on there "Note: This STAR is for aircraft capable of 250 KIAS or greater." There ain't no way I'm doing 250 KIAS or greater in an Archer III.

Are they just going to flat up say, "yeah.... no.... ya ain't doin' the BUNTS2." I was just looking to plan for it to help out ATC whenever I can.... doesn't appear that there's any other arrivals that make any sense (no doubt because it's a bravo).

Was looking at KARR-AZUMO-FWA-ZEDIN-MILWO-JST.BUNTS2-KPHL

Roger, no sense filing it then. Just was curious. Thanks!

You can file that way and it is even possible that ForeFlight users have filed that way before but ATC will modify it. ForeFlight states is shows you ATC cleared routes so it would be strange to see a piston on that list of recently cleared routes but anything is possible. What would most likely happen from my experience with filing with ForeFlight is when you file that ATC will simply remove that from your "revised accepted route" when ForeFlight files your flight plan within a few hours of your departure time. If you file way in advance remember it will not be revised until a few hours from your departure time.

Just file direct and you'll get what you get, that STAR won't be one of them.

You won’t get the Bunts2 arrival but you probably will be cleared for the same waypoints at lower altitudes.

What did you get?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Was looking at KARR-AZUMO-FWA-ZEDIN-MILWO-JST.BUNTS2-KPHL
You can file this out of the Chicago area but there is almost 99% chance it will get changed to either KARR..LEWKE..FWA or KARR..EON..FWA. If you want to increase your chance of not getting a reroute out of the airspace, I would just go ahead and file which ever of the two you prefer.

I prefer to file direct,that way the controllers keep me out of the way,and you usually get a better route.

Back