KNEW - New Orleans

jmpoplin

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
NCFlyer
I am flying down to the Big Easy (KNEW Lakefront in New Orleans) in early December for a Saints game. Any recommendations for good restaurants in the area?

Thanks!

Oceana Grill if you want casual. Where are you going to be staying? Make sure to check out the WW2 museum while you're there

There have been a few Food Channel and Travel channel shows on New Orleans featuring some of the hole in the walls and off the beaten path places that have food that's worth the drive. http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/s4/Diners-Drive-Ins-Dives/LA/New Orleans

But some of the fun is finding a local who's lived there a long time and ask, "If you were going to go for a $10-20-30 meal that is a locally owned joint and away from the tourists, where would you go?"

Oh, and bring us back some Cafe Du Monde beignets while you're at it.

(one of the worlds truly addictive foods)

If you like meat, Boca is very good. Patois is also excellent. Ralph's on the Park is also very good. The restaurant in KNEW is very good. There's also a good restaurant in the WWII Museum, which is totally worth it. Enjoy your visit!

Oysters...Char Grilled or Raw... At Acme in the quarter.. And also at Drago's either in the Hilton or at the original location in Metarie. Neither takes reservations. There will be a line.

Beignet's at Cafe Du Monde is a must..

If you are into alcohol.. the Hurricane is pretty popular.. but its sweet and fruity.. Can buy several places on Bourbon including Kelly's.. Try the Hand Grenade.. its potent as well.

Hurricanes at Pat O'Briens, dueling pianos, massive hangover. That's pretty much all I remember from my last trip back in July.
The FBO at KNEW was nice, and very reasonable too, low fuel purchase waived fees. And their hangar has been in a James Bond movie! :)

I just flew from there on Sunday back home to Indiana.. Hurricanes = good time !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurricanes at Pat O'Briens, dueling pianos, massive hangover. That's pretty much all I remember from my last trip back in July.
The FBO at KNEW was nice, and very reasonable too, low fuel purchase waived fees. And their hangar has been in a James Bond movie! :)

Next time skip the Pat-O's Hurricane (as mentioned, it's too sweet). Best Hurricane in town is at John Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop.

Mr. B's Bistro is still my favorite place in town to eat. Best brunch has to be Commander's Palace in Uptown (coat & tie place)

Back