Kitten Cannon

Diana said:
You boys had better not be playing a game where kitties get hurt. :(

I've tried not to say anything till now.

Diana. The kitten is not a real kitten in the game. Its just a computer animation.

Elizabeth. One of my saddest days in recent past is when we had to put down our 18 year old cat "Rhubarb", but she acted more like a dog than a cat.

woodstock said:
OK Anthony now you are just trying to provoke me. :lightning:

You don't support spaying/neutering, whichever it is we are supposed to do to girly cats?

Jeff Oslick said:
More available every spring (and other times) at the pound, no need for in-house breeding. :yes:

And, I like cats and dogs equally. One knows how to crap in a box though and take care of itself for a couple days, and therefore is bit simpler to live with.

Jeff

We actually tried to get a cat from the pound here. Place was full of them. Had to fill out an application, and I guess there was something there they didn't like. Have no idea what, but we never heard from them again. So, we bought one at a pet store.

Joe Williams said:
We actually tried to get a cat from the pound here. Place was full of them. Had to fill out an application, and I guess there was something there they didn't like. Have no idea what, but we never heard from them again. So, we bought one at a pet store.

Joe. Maybe it was your high score on the "Kitten Canon" game. You maybe should have left that off the application. :)

I see ya'll talking about distance, but you are totally neglecting height. I'm managed a height of 129 feet so far, with a nice 60 ft bounce after that.

I don't feel like discussing distance at this time.

Joe Williams said:

Yeah, some are kind of funny on their applications. One thing I know most don't want to see is if they think you'll let the cat out of the house frequently. Don't know why really, but I do think they are overly choosy and too many animals miss out on good homes. I got my cat while I was in college. There's no way a pound would have given me an animal. They'll never give one to a student. I got Tig from a friend who took in a pregnant stray who had the litter a few days later. All the cats went to students.

Jeff

Joe Williams said:

Joe, we had to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get ours, have a landlord approval or a tax record to prove we owned the property, etcetera. They also gave preference to those who already owned cats.

It is a little silly, since so many cats end up spending so long in the shelter...

Cheers,

-Andrew
Proud owner of two cats and a 1413' shot

astanley said:
Joe, we had to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get ours, have a landlord approval or a tax record to prove we owned the property, etcetera. They also gave preference to those who already owned cats.

It is a little silly, since so many cats end up spending so long in the shelter...

Cheers,

-Andrew
Proud owner of two cats and a 1413' shot

Also helps if your not wearing a shirt advertising a Chinese Restaurant. :)

Here's the only cat I currently own. Cheap, doesn't eat much, doesn't meow and doesn't make me sneeze.

http://www.maddogproductions.com/earl.htm

Oooh, Elizabeth, that's gonna get me some points, huh?

Last edited:
Gotta say though, my favorites are the shots that land right in the fly traps on the first descent at 75ft or so. :)

wsuffa said:
I think we can safely say that folks who make sweeping generalizations like that are often wrong.... :hairraise: :D

A full sample from my work indicates 7 out of the 9 women there are blantant anomolies of that generalization and one of the two remaining ones are indifferent at best.

And a friend of mine is likely to sick her dog on anyone who tries to give her a cat.

No opinions in the above statistics. Just calling it by the number of tail wags.

FWIW: On the occasional afternoon at work someone brings their dog in for a while. That should be mandatory practice for all companies. Stress levels go to zero in 10 minutes flat and the daily workload gets knocked out in triple record time after that by a bunch of happy people.

woodstock said:
I think we can safely say:

women love cats.

men don't.

Men like them too,.... if they're properly cooked. :rolleyes:

My niece's cat kept wanting to bat at and scratch at my sleeve and dig its claws into my arm. Now I know why I had the mysterious skin problem on my arm. Could'da saved me a doctor's bill.

The time I visit I'm bringing the rubber mallet.

Back