King Schools DVD courses

keymanewb

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
keyman
I work for King Schools, and we are gearing up for Sun and Fun on April 16th in FL.
We usually have great show specials on our knowledge courses, checkrides, G-1000 trainers...etc
Just wanted to let anyone on here who cannot make it out to the show, that I can extend a "show special" to anyone who asks for me when calling in.

You can reach me Sun-Thur 2pm-8pm Pacific

1-800-793-6898 (Or number in catalog, both work.)
Ask for Paul Bell

Hope this will help some out.

Sorry, didn't see classified section till now....

Just trying to help.

no problem - appreciate it! and welcome to Pilots of America!

Aviation related advertisements are welcome here, and we're happy to have a representative of Kings Schools on board. I hope keyman that you'll stick around and join in other discussions! :)

Aviation related advertisements are welcome here, and we're happy to have a representative of Kings Schools on board. I hope keyman that you'll stick around and join in other discussions! :)
We're not gonna start discussing how hot Martha King is, are we? :D

King CDs got me a 95 on my IR written. Good course. Just can't figure out why I didn't win the 172.

Yes Scott but the consolation prize for dating Martha could be that 172 :)

Don't you think thats about enough of the negative comments about a highly respected member of the aviation community, guys?

I mean, come on, think about it - a representative OF THE SCHOOL shows up here, and you start dissing one of the key figures cause of her looks?

Lets try to act mature, please.

I used their CD-ROM course and got a 100% on my PP written. Now I'm finally getting on track for my IR and my King DVD course is several years old. I'm sure some of the questions have changed. The underlying facts should be a bit more solid, however.

I used the King CDs (Cessna-flavored), got 90+ on PP and IFR. I welcome any input to the Board, and ask that you tell John and Martha I said "Hi."

N359ES

Beleive me, I have heard it all when it comes to Martha, but you cannot dispute her credentials, her appearence in the Guiness Book of World Records, or the fact she is PIC of the Falcon 10 that my employment at King helps raise fuel money for.

As for the Instrument course a couple years old: Only 3 questions have changed over the last year in the Instrument bank, just to give you an idea.

We always will buy back an old course for half of what you paid for it, if you buy the same ratings' updated dvd course. If you have questions, call me at 1-800-793-6898 between 2pm and 8pm pacific time. Ask for Paul Bell, and they will transfer you upstairs. I can include alot of extra material at no cost for anyone on here who is planning on ordering a course or gear from us.

...We just finished a great 430/530 trainer and our g-1000 trainer is our new top seller. Alot of people using the 430/530 don't utilize much of the features...

Getting ready for Sun and Fun, anyone else here going?

What's a Mac ? ? ? Ooh, that's that OTHER computer, that never crashes . . . . you just can't get software for them :goofy:

Just kidding!

Do you have any Mac-friendly products?

I second this question. I have a MacBook Pro and am running XP under Parallels when absolutely required, but would love to find some software that would run directly under Tiger if anyone has any ideas?

BTW: This may be a non-starter question, but does anyone know if FlightSim will work under Parallels? Just a question.

Thanks!
David
:D

I second this question. I have a MacBook Pro and am running XP under Parallels when absolutely required, but would love to find some software that would run directly under Tiger if anyone has any ideas?

BTW: This may be a non-starter question, but does anyone know if FlightSim will work under Parallels? Just a question.

Thanks!
David
:D

It'll work but you won't like how it performs. Figure the emulated PC is about the same class as a 600-1200MHz Pentium with a generic VGA video card. You'll want to use Boot Camp for Flight Sim.

You'll want to use Boot Camp for Flight Sim.

Or just buy a PC. They're better anyways. They run software that people actually WANT, without having to emulate something, or having to buy a brand new Intel Mac, which, btw, defeats the whole purpose of buying a Mac in the first place.

Just my .02

Actually the reason to buy the MAC is not to stay away from Intel. It is to stay away from Windows.

AMEN Brother!! I turned from my "wicked ways" a very long time ago. I don't allow Windows in my home...unless it's in a VERY controlled environment (like Parallels). LOL!

I also have Sun and Silicon Graphics hardware at home, so anything unix works better than winblows anyday. ;-)

:hairraise:

The reaction of some at Intel when it was announced that Apple was shifting to our silicon was "Great! Now I can buy a Mac with a clear conscience." :D

So, what is my new machine? Something I assembled from parts from about 7 different sources, but with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor at its heart.

Corporate politics. Don't you just love it? The comments I heard were referring to personal purchases. I'm still living with an IBM T42 and expect that it will be replaced (probably next year) with something more powerful, but loaded down with Vista and Office 2007 (both of which I'm running on my C2D machine at home now).

Back