Killed someone in Bravo - ASRS?

Were you over a drop zone ?. If so then it is perfectly legal. It is not your responsiblility to ensure the person had a proper liscence to skydive nor are you required to make sure they actually have a parachute. Their problem not yours. You may however hear from the TSA AS TO WHY YOU DROPPED OFF A PASSENGER IN AN UNAPROVED LOCATION !!!!.

In Connecticut v. Gustave Whitehead, it was found that three elements must be provided:

1. That the pilot reasonably knew that the passenger would fall out
2. That the passenger didn't jump voluntarily
3. That nobody saw them do it but it was reported in the newspaper anyhow

Given these standards, Whitehead was found guilty of pushing Phineas Wright, a long lost third brother of Orville and Wilbur out of the plane and causing his death.

In Connecticut v. Gustave Whitehead, it was found that three elements must be provided:

1. That the pilot reasonably knew that the passenger would fall out
2. That the passenger didn't jump voluntarily
3. That nobody saw them do it but it was reported in the newspaper anyhow

Given these standards, Whitehead was found guilty of pushing Phineas Wright, a long lost third brother of Orville and Wilbur out of the plane and causing his death.

:lol:

That Gustave Whitehead sure gets around. Amazing all the things he has done in spite of being charged with murder.

NO ASRS report needed as long as you were south of the field and announced "Jumper(s) away 6500 feet and below, all traffic remain north of the field"

We get this all the time here in West Texas when we perform aerobatics and roll inverted with the canopy open.:eek: Sometimes the seatbelt latches "sound" like they were engaged and then you find out you've dropped someone off a little before the destination.;) Secret is to kick rudder if you see them coming loose so they avoid contact with the tail of the plane. If you're a total bad a$$, you can pull full yoke inverted and attempt to pick them up at the bottom of the loop, but if you time it wrong it gets messy with the prop strike.:yikes:

Last edited:
Let me guess, it was approaching dusk and you weren't night current?

Did you get his pro rata share of the cost of the flight first?

Be very careful about how much you collect. You want to be sure it is only the pro rata share for the potion of the time he was actually in the aircraft.

Choked on my morning coffee laughing. Haha. Thanks guys.

So what exactly do you put into the computer after the DPE falls out? Do you get partial credit for the ride? ;)

Did you call out ATITAPA?

No but I DID make a proactive "Jumper away" call. Not my fault he forgot to pack a parachute. The act of opening the door indicated his intention to leave the plane. I may have perhaps hastened his departure I concede.

So THAT'S what happened! I was wondering where the body in my backyard came from. Do you want it back?

No one dies from a fall no matter what the altitude, it is almost always the sudden stop after the fall:rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back