KGOK (Guthrie, OK) PIREPS?

robin ardoin

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Robard
I will have reason to travel to the OKC area for shooting matches around Arcadia. It seems Guthrie or Edmond would have the closest lodging and flying in to GOK would alleviate the hassle of crossing the OKC metro area. I see on ForeFlight that Apex Exec has rental cars. Any reports concerning the FBO? Any other airport recommendations for an easy fly in Friday/fly out Sunday afternoon in that area that has on site rental cars?

Guthrie is certainly your closest option. Second place would be Sundance, HSD. Since I live here, I don't know about rental car availability. I "think" Sundance may be able to arrange them. You'd really just have to call both places.

As far as FBO services, Sundance is a nicer building, but if you're just asking about fuel and restrooms, yes they both have those...

Wiley Post PWA is a third option, multiple FBOs on the field with nice facilities and they can all definitely get rental cars. Higher costs than the other places if that's a concern, including likely parking fees - call ahead. Getting to and from PWA by car is not my favorite activity, one look shows you that the first several miles in any direction is on surface streets, whereas GOK and HSD are easy freeway/tollway access.

Thanks Russ. Sounds like HSD may be another option. I’ll call both to check on rental availability. I’ll check Turo options as well.

Back